Contribute
Register

Interim Realtek Ivy Bridge Lion AppleHDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
wh1tecastle said:
When i test the speakers it only comes out of the front two still.
Does your motherboard have 3 audio jacks or 6 audio jacks? What Audio_ID shows in System Information/Audio (Built in)?

scrump said:
You do a very good job toleda. :!:

But I have a question.

How can I activate the green audiojack at my 898 from the GA-Z77X-UD5H F7, or is there a bug in the board that can only listen on the orange and black audiojack?

Thanks,
scrump

Hello,
I am using the old version without DSDT on the same mobo (F7) + I7 2600k.
I am getting audio also on orange/black.
I did not try this new version, my understanding is that I need a DSDT.
Do you have a DSDT for F7 Bios?
Thanks.

MarcelBidon said:
Hello,
I am using the old version without DSDT on the same mobo (F7) + I7 2600k.
I am getting audio also on orange/black.
I did not try this new version, my understanding is that I need a DSDT.
Do you have a DSDT for F7 Bios?
Thanks.

Either you use a DSDT (I got my from this thread viewtopic.php?f=54&t=62757 thanks to blueillusions) or you install the Non-DSDT Enabler of MultiBeast, what toleda written in the first post on section Notes.

If you get output on all audiojacks, please write how you've done it.

In future I will write a walkthrough, so everybody can follow all steps I've done.

toleda said:
wh1tecastle said:
Does your motherboard have 3 audio jacks or 6 audio jacks? What Audio_ID shows in System Information/Audio (Built in)?

It has 3 ports and the audio id is 887.

wh1tecastle said:
Read the first post of this thread. Audio ID 887 is for 6 port audio. For 5.1 on 3 port audio, try Audio ID 287. You must have a dsdt and the dsdt/HDEF/layout-id edit as described in the the "Read Me First..." document.

wh1tecastle said:
toleda said:
wh1tecastle said:

I think it's a limitation of the board or the driver. In the User's Manual is written on page 11, that there is a Line-IN, Line-Out and Microphone jack.
Bildschirmfoto 2012-06-14 um 19.54.23.png
So, you can't listen to more than one audio jack, unless you connect a front panel. And then the driver must have the support.

EDIT toleda just wrote a comment with a hint

Please read the manual of your board. Some other guy will write "RTFM" :)

Here is the link http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-z77(h77)-ds3h_e.pdf

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2012-06-14 um 19.54.23.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2012-06-14 um 19.54.23.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 250
I have 5.1 working in Windows 7 easily by only using the back 3 ports. I was able to set this up easily by reading the manual before. The Realtek software allows you the remap the ports.

In OSX I was using the HDA Enabler from Multibeast. I got rid of that and tried to set up a DSDT as per your instructions. I didn't use a DSDT before since my motherboard doesn't require one. It wasn't able to detect an audio devices after my editing.

Here is my DSDT attached.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    38.4 KB · Views: 116
wh1tecastle said:
I have 5.1 working in Windows 7 easily by only using the back 3 ports. I was able to set this up easily by reading the manual before. The Realtek software allows you the remap the ports.

In OSX I was using the HDA Enabler from Multibeast. I got rid of that and tried to set up a DSDT as per your instructions. I didn't use a DSDT before since my motherboard doesn't require one. It wasn't able to detect an audio devices after my editing.

Here is my DSDT attached.
We're not in Windows anymore. Your edit looks fine. Attach a copy of IOReg.

How do I get an IOReg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back