Graphics
GeForce 8600 GT
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello there. I just installes Lion,fresh installation btw, using UniBeast.

It worked as expected. Later I installed kexts and wifi drivers,same than with SL.

Problems came when after running MultiBeast. I chose to install chimera, and its installed properly, or seems to be.

But when I boot, and I choose to boot the HD where Chimera and Lion are, there is no graphical interface,just some text lines.

So...

1. I need to boot using GraphicsEnabler=Yes and arch=i386 and I dont know where to add them ( I mean not to enter them in each boot, because I also dont know how to separate flags in order to worl properly).

2. Its not staring automatically. I need to choose what to boot. It recognises Lion and Windows(installed in another HD). How to tell him to run alwyas Lion?

3. Does chimera have a graphic interface? How to use it?

Thanks in advance, for helping and for your really awesome work!

moisf88 said:
1. I need to boot using GraphicsEnabler=Yes and arch=i386 and I dont know where to add them ( I mean not to enter them in each boot, because I also dont know how to separate flags in order to worl properly).

You can add these flags in /Extra/, in the org.chameleon.boot.plist. Add them like this:

Code:
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes<string>

Then add the arch=i386 in the <string> under the "Boot Flags" <key>, separated from anything else that might be there by one space.

moisf88 said:
2. Its not staring automatically. I need to choose what to boot. It recognises Lion and Windows(installed in another HD). How to tell him to run alwyas Lion?

This is normally something you can choose in the BIOS or your motherboard. Your mobo manufacturer should have guides for this.

moisf88 said:
3. Does chimera have a graphic interface? How to use it?

Chimera DOES have a GUI but I'm not sure why it's not working for you...

Hope this helped, maybe try posting some of the code that you see, it'll give us an idea as to how to help you further!
Have a good one!

Thanks for such a fast and complete reply.

I already looked for the Extra folder, but its missing :/ So seems like something didnt work as expected.

This are the steps I follow:

1.Unibeast Install. Everything goes without trouble.
2. Before of running Multibeast, I use KextUtility for permissions. With Snow Leopard it worked nice, but not it gives an error while rebuilding cache or something similar, but it also says I shouldnt worry about that.
3. I also run KextHelper in order to install the needed kexts. (Audio is not working as it did in SL)
4.Run Multibeast, install Chimera.

And thats the point where I am.

The fact that there is no Extra folder, and that KextUtility fails, also sound not workin, makes me think somethings is wrong.

Can you guys help me? Which other tools, more apropiated, should I use? Im using the same ones (even same versions) I used with Snow Leopard.

Thanks again!

Im still working on this. I realised there were no extra folder, and so I crated it. Also I installed the rest of kexts, and installed Chimera using MultiBeast. I selected thiscoption to boot with Graphics and 32 bit.

But it just crashed while booting.

After Cheking the Mac of the Atheros adaptaer, it says: Still Waiting for root device... And stays there.

But if I try again to boot using the installation USB(UniBeast) it works.

Sleep time now! Continue on the morning! Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back