CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm not thinking I'm going to try and get sleep working for a bit. I haven't even tried it to be honest. So I've been opting to shut down my computer at night and then turn it on in the morning.

Today when I started up, I got to the log in screen and the screen was "jittery." Seemed like some type of interlacing misalignment... I don't know how else to describe it.

I entered my password, got to the desktop and Illustrator CS5 started up on it's own.
I'm thinking I probably didn't quit the app when I shut down the night before. But why would the OS remember what app was open after a complete shut down? :?:

I force quit Illustrator, then the finder froze. So I just hit the power button, and restarted.
Illustrator fired up on it's own again, but I didn't get the strange video jittery screen.

I force quit Illustrator again and it worked. Restarted Illustrator and now everything seems fine again.

I should mention that I have two 20" cinema displays connected, and my second monitor didn't have the video issue on the first boot up, only my main screen which is connected to the DVI port. The second monitor is connected to the mini display port via an adapter.

My graphics card is the HD6870.

Anyone have ideas on this little mystery? Thanks!

If you're on Lion, the OS will remember the windows if "Reopen windows when logging back in" is checked when you shutdown.

Oh... I see that little checkbox now.... I guess I didn't uncheck it. Is there a way to make that unchecked as default? I am on Lion.

Thanks for the reply... pretty lame I didn't notice that. I'm new to Lion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back