Contribute
Register

Interested in AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT (but which one works?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI MPG z390 Gaming Plus
CPU
i7 9700
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I gave up on trying to get my iGpu to work. Installed Lilu, whatevergreen, and AppleALC kexts, tried intel framebuffer patching, tried different smbios and device id's, etc and still to no avail.

So now I'm gonna cough up some dough and I'm in the market but confused since I'm an Nvidia user and ALWAYS used Founder edition on all their cards. (not third party brands such as EVGA, etc)

So my question is, I've seen some threads about how some versions are not compatible with hackintosh, and even saw Apple's recommended list on their website and they're mostly Sapphire cards. I've seen on threads that XFX brands don't work. I would love to buy the one directly from AMD's website because I do love the original design but can anyone give me a good confirmation that it works? and if so what does it require? any kexts? does it work out of the box?

My current build is
Motherboard: MSI mpg z390 Gaming plus
Ram: 32gb
Intel 630 iGpu (currently using without acceleration)

I managed to install catalina and is stable with ACPI patching (to get past the apfs_module_start) prompt.

Any help? Thanks!

Hmm all AMD Radeon Navi based graphics cards should work fine on macOS Catalina 10.15.3. All you need is to disable "Inject ATI" and use the bootflag agdpmod=pikera in Clover.

Hmm all AMD Radeon Navi based graphics cards should work fine on macOS Catalina 10.15.3. All you need is to disable "Inject ATI" and use the bootflag agdpmod=pikera in Clover.

Thanks for those tips! I just ordered mine straight off of AMD's website to get the original sleek look. Once I get it I'll let you guys know if it works out of the box and/or what changes I'll make on my EFI to get it working.

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to let you guys know that it was a success installing AMD rx 5700 xt card. However, it does not work OOB. For some reason it kept giving me black screen with and without lilu and whatevergreen and I just couldn't get it to work using Tonymac's tools (Unibeast, etc) but I gave vanilla install a try and it worked with a fresh install using Lilu and Whatevergreen and agdpmod=pikera bootflag. Thanks a bunch guys! I have everything working except internet on my board but luckily I have a handy Wifi adapter that works with Mac as well.

Attachments

• 20200303_171222931_iOS.jpg
    20200303_171222931_iOS.jpg
    712.6 KB · Views: 258
  • 20200303_171217834_iOS.jpg
    20200303_171217834_iOS.jpg
    322.1 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
Just started catalina installer from unibeast (rx 5700 xt on mini display port) only by adding agdpmod=pikera bootflag. No changes to default lilu/weg/etc. kexts

Last edited:
I have the AMD Radeon RX 5700, ASUS Rog e390 gaming mobo. Would like know if theres any working efi file for this build.

Asus TUF3-RX5700XT Compatibility is this competible as well ?​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back