Intel HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all

I bought a Probook i5 4540s about a year ago in my first attempt to create a Mackintosh. I am not very good with computers but somehow managed to get it working perfectly, and it has been great and problem free. Well, a year later I decided to buy another of the (nearly) same computer and do it all again, this time for my girlfriend. I was trying to give it to her as a birthday present but I've spent so many days now trying to get it all working right that I've missed her birthday!

At first I tried installing El Capitan. I got it installed and it was all going great but try as I might, I couldn't get the wireless working. This was after replacing the stock with an AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB card. So I decided to just do a clean install of Yosemite instead.

Now I have yosemite installed on the computer and have followed all instructions to the best of my ability (or so I'd like to think), but I still can't get the wireless working. If I go to the Network window it shows Bluetooth options, but nothing about WiFi, and theree is no icon on the status bar. And the sound doesn't work either.

It is a ProBook 4540s with 2.4ghz i3-3110M .. Intel HD4000. I tried repairing permissions and rebuilding cache to no avail. I have uploaded the troubleshooting file. Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

• Troubleshooting 2016-01-27 15-44.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 59
Hi all

I bought a Probook i5 4540s about a year ago in my first attempt to create a Mackintosh. I am not very good with computers but somehow managed to get it working perfectly, and it has been great and problem free. Well, a year later I decided to buy another of the (nearly) same computer and do it all again, this time for my girlfriend. I was trying to give it to her as a birthday present but I've spent so many days now trying to get it all working right that I've missed her birthday!

At first I tried installing El Capitan. I got it installed and it was all going great but try as I might, I couldn't get the wireless working. This was after replacing the stock with an AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB card. So I decided to just do a clean install of Yosemite instead.

Now I have yosemite installed on the computer and have followed all instructions to the best of my ability (or so I'd like to think), but I still can't get the wireless working. If I go to the Network window it shows Bluetooth options, but nothing about WiFi, and theree is no icon on the status bar. And the sound doesn't work either.

It is a ProBook 4540s with 2.4ghz i3-3110M .. Intel HD4000. I tried repairing permissions and rebuilding cache to no avail. I have uploaded the troubleshooting file. Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks!

Post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

here you go - thx so much!

Attachments

• Evie’s MacBook Pro.zip
    351.5 KB · Views: 56
here you go - thx so much!

No WiFi hardware installed. Or it is disabled in BIOS. Or it is installed incorrectly. Or it is defective.

Ahh yes.. it was the BIOS. I checked "Enable WLAN blahlbah" and it works! the odd thing is.. on this 4540s probook that i've had working with yosemite for a year now, that box is not checked, yet i still have wifi. I originally had just matched all the BIOS settings of this computer to the new 4540s, thinking that would make everything work the same, but I guess not. thanks a lot!

its also odd that this new computer starts up literally twice as fast as my old one, even though they are both 4540s and the old one has 16gb of ram and 2.6ghz i5 compared to the new one with 4gb of ram and 2.4ghz i3. no big deal, just a random observation that i can't make sense of, and kind of makes me wonder if other aspects of my older i5 laptop are slower as well, which is troubling.

its also odd that this new computer starts up literally twice as fast as my old one, even though they are both 4540s and the old one has 16gb of ram and 2.6ghz i5 compared to the new one with 4gb of ram and 2.4ghz i3. no big deal, just a random observation that i can't make sense of, and kind of makes me wonder if other aspects of my older i5 laptop are slower as well, which is troubling.

Probably means you didn't setup OS X correctly on the "old one".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back