Contribute
Register

Intel's Thunderbolt Coming to PC Sometime in 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a little confusion, yes this is awesome, and i can't wait! But does this mean we will need a new motherboard and cpu for thunderbolt? Or will there be a pci card for this? Because that would suck!

Because i already put $1500 into my Hack

lxlifestream said:
Just a little confusion, yes this is awesome, and i can't wait! But does this mean we will need a new motherboard and cpu for thunderbolt? Or will there be a pci card for this? Because that would suck!

Because i already put $1500 into my Hack

You will need a new motherboard at least!... sucks but true

i own two thunderbolt displays, so i'm definitely willing to be a guinea pig when a decent board is released

cosmicjoke said:
i own two thunderbolt displays, so i'm definitely willing to be a guinea pig when a decent board is released
Rich Uncle.jpg

Extremely Jealous of the 2 displays.

Attachments

• Rich Uncle.jpg
    Rich Uncle.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 177
pwalth21 said:
cosmicjoke said:
Rich Uncle.jpg

Extremely Jealous of the 2 displays.

heh they're pretty great w/ a couple caveats worth noting, in bootcamp the displays only initialize when booting so you can't be in windows on the mbp and just plug them in without a reboot, it also disables suspend when in windows (gather again that has to do with them initializing post boot).... other nuisances as well, when i plug in to the mbp (in os x) like half the time the primary monitor initializes as the one i want and the other half of the time it's the other monitor, it just doesn't seem to remember, so i'm always reorganizing them in system preferences heh...

/firstworldproblems

Those all make sense. I would say that most of those issues should be able to be fixed with a software update (ML fingers crossed). As with any new technology I'm sure they're still working out the kinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back