2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
First desktop Core i3 Ivy Bridge processors leaked ahead of launch
http://vr-zone.com/articles/first-deskt ... 14876.html

core_i3_2.jpg

core_i3_1.jpg

Source: VRZone

aweome, I hope we can expect plug and play. 3770K here I come!

I may be in a minority, but I am not that excited by these Ivy Bridge CPUs. I don't think they have a significant CPU performance advantage over current Sandy Bridge CPUs (I am not concerned about their GPU performance since I don't use them in any significant way and plus, I still want to run Snow Leopard if possible. ;) ).

I think I may pass on them, having just gone to a Sandy Bridge PC Mac.

The I7 2600k still one the best. What would be the difference between this and the new processors I7 3770?

tonymacx86 said:
The i3-3225 with HD 4000 piques my interest. :thumbup:

Im with you !! I likes :geek: :thumbup:

Jamesbond007 said:
I may be in a minority, but I am not that excited by these Ivy Bridge CPUs. I don't think they have a significant CPU performance advantage over current Sandy Bridge CPUs (I am not concerned about their GPU performance since I don't use them in any significant way and plus, I still want to run Snow Leopard if possible. ;) ).

I think I may pass on them, having just gone to a Sandy Bridge PC Mac.

Agree 100%

If you're already on Sandy Bridge, there's not much reason to upgrade to these CPUs. On the other hand, combined with the new Z77 motherboards, these CPUs will be the ones that are most widely available for new Socket 1155 builders this year.

Upgrading @ Ivy Bridge finally =P. Love to see TDP go down. It's great, especially for tiny builds like a "customac" mini.

I'll be upgrading to either the unlocked i7 or i5 pending benchmarks because of the power consumption, tri gate transistors, and it maxes out the 1155 socket and I plan on having this machine for 5+ years, so I want the max I can get out of my system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back