Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
ivybridge.jpeg

Here's some great new info on one of Intel's new Ivy Bridge desktop CPUs. The Core i5-3570K which includes the integrated HD 4000 GPU is benchmarked on a Z77 chipset.

Core_i5-3570K.JPG

Platform.png

vs2500k.png

vsgt240.png

Source: http://en.expreview.com/2012/02/19/ivy- ... 21214.html

Last edited by a moderator:
AndrewSM said:
WOW, I was about to buy 2500K, but I see it is really worth to wait for a little more for higher performance and TPD of 20W less...

Agreed! But depending on when these will be shipping I may get a cheap i3 to get me by until I can get my hands on one.

Seems like the 4000 is a much more capable graphic processor. That's actually not half bad results for an integrated gpu.

HD4000 looks pretty cool and hopefully Apple is putting it in a mini refresh or something so we can get it working for hacks :)

Here's another go round with estimates on HD 3000 vs. HD 4000 Benchmarks- worth a read.

Forthcoming Core i5-3570K CPU operates at 3.4 GHz, which is 100 MHz or 3% faster than the 2500K. Even if we deduct 3% gain, attributed to higher frequency of Ivy Bridge CPU, the HD 4000 still has on average 50% faster graphics than Sandy Bridge HD 3000.

http://www.cpu-world.com//news_2012/201 ... mates.html

kingdiz55 said:
Just a question, though. Wouldn't this be useless (on the graphics front) is you have a dedicated video card?

Yes, the HD4000 will not have any effect on you if you use a dedicated GPU. AMD on the other hand does have a pretty nifty feature which gives the user the ability to combine integrated and dedicated cards.

But back to the new HD4000, if the performance will really be increased to that extend, I don't think I will need a dedicated card anymore. I am pretty sure apple will put these in the new MacBooks, so support should come pretty quickly.

Besides the obvious performance increase I am also very excited about the lower power consumption. I love to have a completely, or at least as close to, silent work area. Less heat means less RPM on my coolers.

That settled the question i joined the forum to ask..

Yup I'll be waiting until I can get IVB before building the HackPro..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back