Contribute
Register

Intel's 4th Generation "Haswell" Core i5/i7 CPUs Previewed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought one yesterday, a Gigabyte Z87-D3HP with Haswell I-7 Intel CPU processor and I am trying to do an install using unibeast USB with an official mountain lion OS 10.8.4 I downloaded from Apple App store.

When I boot up from USB, it stays stuck on the grey apple logo page and sits there for a long time.
You want to see what is going on so use -v -x in: /L*/P*/SystemC*/com.apple.Boot.plist

The salesmen at pc store said this would work great for a Hackintosh and so far, I gotten no where with it.
I never trust sales persons because they usually know close to nothing. Especially when it comes to OS installation on a hackintosh.

Would it be easier to install snow leopard on this PC and wait or return it?
Someone I know booted Snow Leopard on a Haswell so you may want to give it a go.

I never would have bought the board if I knew it would present obstacles, because of how new it is. The only reason I did not purchase the current gigabyte working motherboards is because the PC store did not have in stock, and I always worry about returning through the mail and turn around time, if anything goes wrong.
Expecting something to work when Apple isn't even using Haswell processors is asking for troubles. They do now, but people should relax and stay cool. New hardware usually require us to work around bugs and other incompatibility issues, but since this isn't a day job... you have to wait for the big day (soon to come I'm sure).

[FONT=Open Sans, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Forum member iStig not only confirmed that RevoBoot v1.5.40 supports Haswell processors, but also that it works with Mavericks:[/FONT]

Code:
[FONT=Open Sans, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][COLOR=#444444]true [/COLOR][/FONT][IMG]https://s0.wp.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif[/IMG]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Open Sans]working with Gigabyte Z87-HD3 and i5-4570
[/FONT][/COLOR]

See also: RevoBoot is ready for OS X 10.9 aka Mavericks

@PikeRAlpha - I hear you, he claimed to have gone online and said it would work with this gigabyte board. Now it appears it really didn't, at least not yet. I'm on the road now on a trip, but I will try typing in those commands and see what it yields. I watched another video unrelated to this Haswell MOBO build, where he removed his high end video card and installed mountian lion with his onboard built-in graphics card first.

@PikeRalpha - Something else I wanted to point out is this is a UEFI dual BIOS and I am not exactly sure if I have everything checked off here correctly. First time I messed around with one.

@PikeRAlpha - I hear you, now the salesman said they just came out, but I had no idea that he meant they literally just came out. I wanted to go with an older gigabyte board. I have installed and currently run Snow Leopard 10.8 on an older Intel Dual Core Biostar Motherboard PC and I waited patiently (2 years) till all the bugs on Mountain Lion Hackintosh builds were ironed out, well, so I thought. I will try your advice late this Thursday Night when I return late. I almost went with a pre-built Asus machine, but researched it and it had a UEFI BIOS as well, so I never opened it and took it back to the store, because I read you had to patch the BIOS on that board to make it work.

I appreciate your advice and will let you know my success or failures late Thursday or Friday morning.

d-1

This is where I am at or have gotten thus far on this Gigabyte Z87-D3HP motherboard 4th Generation Haswell.

In verbose mode it hangs on the following: (stays here forever)

IOBluetoothHCIController]{start] -- completed
*** [ IOBluetoothHCIController] [SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport !

Here's my question, this board doesn't have bluetooth.

Anyway around this message?

Thanks,

d-1

My friend bought a pc with Gigabyte z87m hd3, and i don't see it listed here. Do you still think its likely it will work fine eventually?

This is where I am at or have gotten thus far on this Gigabyte Z87-D3HP motherboard 4th Generation Haswell.

*** [ IOBluetoothHCIController] [SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport !

Thanks,

d-1

ou! have same trouble

Thanks,

d-1

Hi,

I have the same problem too !
Z87-HD3
i5 4760k
10.8.5 ...

My friend bought a pc with Gigabyte z87m hd3, and i don't see it listed here. Do you still think its likely it will work fine eventually?

Yes you are right Gigabyte GA-Z87M-HD3 is compatibile with Hackintosh world - namely with Mavericks 10.9.1

there were some problems with audio codec ACL887 to force it to work,
but eventually everything works fine

Audio Mic/Out works
Graphics with CUDA works
HDDs - no problems
LAN works
USB 3.0 works
mouse works
keyboard works
NO Kernel Panics !
NO system crashes/NO slow downs unless you try to use HWMonitor app -> use latest iStat as alterantive
NO flags/tricks used while booting OS X from boot loader -> "clear" Vanilla installation

Adobe Premiere Pro/ After Effects CS6 works with hardware accelleration , thus with Mercury Engine Enabled

2 full days it took me to install it properly with success !

Any luck installing Lion with haswell? I have a gigbyte z87-D3hp and it gets so far with the unibeast and reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back