Contribute
Register

Intel X3100 and Maverics on HP DC7800 USDT (on board)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Win7
CPU
i5
Graphics
Intel HD
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello :)

I have HP DC7800 USDT with Intel X3100 GPU on board .

I install Maverics via unibeast and everything was fine . But when I plug out usb stick system has problem with booting . When I put pendrive with Maverics and choose my OSX drive - system is booting fine .

I would like to install my GPU X3100 - i find Kext's X64 and install it , but graphics not work yet :(

I dont have any Idea to run it ….

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2013-11-14 o 01.31.57.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2013-11-14 o 01.31.57.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 734
  • Zrzut ekranu 2013-11-14 o 01.34.10.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2013-11-14 o 01.34.10.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 900
I have built a DC7800 tower using Snow Leopard (still working for 2 years)

It worked OK after a series of modifications.........

1) Booting was always a problem because of HPET
2) X3100 will not work.......It will need a dedicated Graphics Card.....I used a 9500GT
3) audio did not work

Solutions - Of which there are many........

1- Remove the HPET kext or build your own DSDT with HPET corrections (It is not hard)
2- Use a Graphics card that works in OSX (check Tonymac database and the forum for good cards)
3- Use an USB audio adapter for sound or try voodoo (2.2 worked the best-it still might kernel panic)

The system I built was almost OS X perfect.......Sleep only worked manually, not timed
Everything else was good to go......I used an USB audio adapter(Voodoo audio would kernel panic once in a while)

Hello ;)
Thanks for reply .

When i come back i will check HEPT .
I install voodoo 0.2 via multibeast for maverics and sound is working :)

I cannot remove graphic or replace because is USDT and it doesnt has PCI-E or PCI :( only mini PCI for network card.

Maybe i should edit X3100 x64 kext with my ID's Gpu ?

the x3100 will never have graphics acceleration (Not OS X supported)

You can add your graphics resolution
in your boot.plist (use chameleon wizard)

You are wrong . I found that some users run X3100 Gpu on Lion or Mountain Lion , so if this want x64 kext it should work fine with maverics . It's very big problem for me because imove doesnt work :( I dont want back to crappy windows 7

I'd imagine that you can use a Intel GMA X3100 on Lion, and probably even Mountain Lion. The problem is that Apple dropped support for OpenGL 2.0 in Mavericks. The intel GMA X3100 was used in Macs, but the max it could run is OpenGL 2.0. I am typing this on a White Plastic Late 2008 Macbook running Lion. It's literally the last of the plastic MacBooks (with the exception of the plastic unibody they sold for like 6 months.) I can still remember my regret when the unibody aluminum MacBook (which would run Mavericks) came out just shortly after I'd gotten this thing.

I love this machine, don't get me wrong. I'd love to upgrade it (along with my Hackintosh and other Macs), but from what I've seen, it isn't possible without losing graphics acceleration. As such, this has become a garage Netflix and Internet browsing machine, which is not a bad use for it. I simply can't use it for school, as I do way too much in apps that sync to my iPad… most of which require Mavericks nowadays (especially iWork.) But my Mid-2009 MacBook Pro is running Mavericks superbly. (Maxing RAM, a new battery, and a SSD will keep that running as my primary laptop for a few more years.)

X3100 is only supported with 32-bit Snow Leopard (I'm not sure of the status of X3100 on 32-bit Lion).

Hopeless for ML/Mavericks as they are 64-bit only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back