Intel i7-8700K
Graphics
On-board
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I currently get heavy glitches with this GB Z370N, i8700k, and UHD integrated graphics build and the solution that I have read here in the forums was to switch the SMBIOS from 18,3 to 18,1. I tried that and it fixed the glitching. Now I just discovered this was also the cause of why my build isnt retaining the system Time that I set. I normally like my clock 30 minutes in advance of the actual time. Once I have set the time and perform a reboot, time is retained up until you get to the login screen but reverts back to actual time after entering my password. It has also added this "Set time zone automatically using current location" on the Time Zone which wasn't showing up on SMBIOS 18,3. Funny that when I switched back to 18,3 from 18,1, the time zone never went away.

I wonder if anyone has the same issue and have solved the glitching without changing SMBIOS. Havent tried using Unibeast since Im on Clover. I will be curious if 18,1 also brought in other issues. Looking to hear back from folks who have the same setup, or any good samaritan. Other than the above issue, everything else is working smoothly.

Thanks heaps!

Josh

Hi all,

I currently get heavy glitches with this GB Z370N, i8700k, and UHD integrated graphics build and the solution that I have read here in the forums was to switch the SMBIOS from 18,3 to 18,1. I tried that and it fixed the glitching. Now I just discovered this was also the cause of why my build isnt retaining the system Time that I set. I normally like my clock 30 minutes in advance of the actual time. Once I have set the time and perform a reboot, time is retained up until you get to the login screen but reverts back to actual time after entering my password. It has also added this "Set time zone automatically using current location" on the Time Zone which wasn't showing up on SMBIOS 18,3. Funny that when I switched back to 18,3 from 18,1, the time zone never went away.

I wonder if anyone has the same issue and have solved the glitching without changing SMBIOS. Havent tried using Unibeast since Im on Clover. I will be curious if 18,1 also brought in other issues. Looking to hear back from folks who have the same setup, or any good samaritan. Other than the above issue, everything else is working smoothly.

Thanks heaps!

Josh

I used SMBIOS 18,1 from the beginning and have not tried SMBIOS 18,3, but I haven't experienced any problem so far. Could your problem be related to NVRAM? You may want to test if your NVRAM is working properly by following the terminal test. If you do not have a working NVRAM, you need to install EmuVariableUefi-64.efi + Clover RC Scripts in Clover to emulate the NVRAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back