Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
UHD-630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I just put together my first Hackintosh (Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming/i9-9900k/Intel UHD 630/OS X 10.14.3). I'm having some graphics glitches. Most notably, tabs in Safari/Finder turn black. They turn back to normal gray when you move the mouse cursor over them and when I try to take a screen shot. Possibly relatedly, Netflix doesn't recognize Safari as being capable of HTML5 video.

I have Lilu/WhatEverGreen installed in /Library/Extensions, but I've added basically no other kexts beyond what comes with the UniBeast + Clover default setup. I tried to set up the graphics as described in the iDiot's Guide to Lilu, but was either barking up the wrong tree or I never got the combination of options right because either it wouldn't boot or nothing would obviously change. I've since undone most of the changes I made following that path.

I'd love any advice. Thanks!

Last edited:
I've now set SMBIOS back to Macmini8,1 and I inserted the Hackintool recommended patch:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>
                BwCbPg==
                </data>
            </dict>
        </dict>
    </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

This seems to be a step in the right direction since system info shows the right amount of VRAM. Hackintool doesn't identify the GPU Info, and neither does OS X. The glitches persist.

I'm using DVI at 1080.

Attachments

• SysInfo.png
    SysInfo.png
    420.1 KB · Views: 454
I just put together my first Hackintosh (Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming/i9-9900k/Intel UHD 630/OS X 10.14.3). I'm having some graphics glitches. Most notably, tabs in Safari/Finder turn black. They turn back to normal gray when you move the mouse cursor over them and when I try to take a screen shot. Possibly relatedly, Netflix doesn't recognize Safari as being capable of HTML5 video.

I have Lilu/WhatEverGreen installed in /Library/Extensions, but I've added basically no other kexts beyond what comes with the UniBeast + Clover default setup. I tried to set up the graphics as described in the iDiot's Guide to Lilu, but was either barking up the wrong tree or I never got the combination of options right because either it wouldn't boot or nothing would obviously change. I've since undone most of the changes I made following that path.

I'd love any advice. Thanks!

Try the following:
  • Disable Inject Intel.
  • In config.plist > Devices > Properties use ig-platform-id and and device-id of 8th gen IGPU.
  • Use iMac18,1 system definition.

Thanks for the ideas! I tried
  1. Your recommendation: Disable Inject Intel + 8th gen IGPU + iMac18,1
  2. #1 plus adding the lilucpu=10 boot argument
  3. Switching from DVI to HDMI
Unfortunately, no change.

Thanks for the ideas! I tried
  1. Your recommendation: Disable Inject Intel + 8th gen IGPU + iMac18,1
  2. #1 plus adding the lilucpu=10 boot argument
  3. Switching from DVI to HDMI
Unfortunately, no change.

If you add the lilucpu= boot argument, I think it should be lilucpu=9.

How much RAM did you allot for IGPU in BIOS?

Hello, I also have the exact system specs. Could you share you EFI folder please ?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back