Intel UHD 630 Graphics problems with dual monitors and wake from sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370N Wifi
CPU
Intel i5-8400
Hi people,

I'm having some trouble getting the graphics in Mojave to work.
I've been using my NVIDIA card in Sierra and High Sierra but this obviously does not work currently anymore on Mojave.
I have therefore switched to the IGPU of my CPU which is an Intel UHD 630.

I installed WhateverGreen and Lilu and made the appropriate framebuffer configurations.
The IGPU has 3 connectors, 1x HDMI 2.0, 1x HDMI and 1x DisplayPort.
My monitors both have only HDMI ports.
Therefore the first monitor is connected to the HDMI 2.0 port of the iGPU, while the other is connected by a DP->HDMI cable obviously to the DP port.
Connecting the second monitor to the HDMI (non-2.0) port does black out the first one and causes lot of graphical glitches on the second one.

So far, so good.
Hardware acceleration works and everything looks good.
The problem is that whenever I boot, the second monitor looses the signal.
Only the primary monitor is working.
When I switch out the secondary monitor and switch it on again, everything is fine.
When I don't do this, the primary monitor gets graphical glitches after some seconds.
I am then forced to switch out and on again the second monitor and then everything runs fine.

What can I do that I don't have to switch out an on again the second monitor?

Another problem is waking up from sleep.
No matter how many monitors are connected, waking up from sleep leaves me with a green screen and the mouse pointer, which I can move, but the rest stays green.

How can this be solved?

I've already thought about just buying an AMD card to not have all that trouble, but I found some posts about issues with multiple monitors on AMD cards.

I am thankful for any kind of help.
My config.plist is attached.
Best regards

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.1 KB · Views: 48
Use Hackintool and create kext with patched EDID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back