Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi Everyone,

I am in the process of setting up Ventura on a Dell optiplex 5050.
Specs:
Intel core i7- 7700
Graphics Intel UHD 630

I have got everything setup and working except there is no Graphic acceleration with only 14MB of video memory showing.
Added entries to device properties but nothing seems to work. Its a Kabylake processor with intel graphics UHD 630.

Gone over some similar solutions on the forum but no luck so far.
If anyone might have some input please let me know.

TIA.

Try installing WhateverGreen.kext and add the following device properties.

Screenshot 2023-03-20 at 6.50.58 AM.png

A better alternative would be to allocate 64MB or more to IGPU in BIOS. However, on Dells, this usually requires a bit more work because it's hidden and can't be set from the BIOS setup menus.

However, on Dells, this usually requires a bit more work because it's hidden and can't be set from the BIOS setup menus.
Here's what I found online posted by a Chinese Dell 5050 MT owner. Haven't verified these myself. The OP should boot into ModGRUBShell.efi and check these. They're the same for both the SFF and MT models. The Dell 5050 Micro's values for these may be different.
  • 设置 Pre-Allocated DVMT 为 64M: setup_var 0x795 0x02
  • 禁用 CFG lock: setup_var 0x4ed 0x00

Here's what I found online posted by a Chinese Dell 5050 MT owner. Haven't verified these myself. The OP should boot into ModGRUBShell.efi and check these. They're the same for both the SFF and MT models. The DVMT Micro's values for these may be different.
  • 设置 Pre-Allocated DVMT 为 64M: setup_var 0x795 0x02
  • 禁用 CFG lock: setup_var 0x4ed 0x00

Highly possible. Those are the exact same addresses for my old OptiPlex 3050.

Thanks for all the input. The entries above did not work. Think I will need to mess with the hidden bios entries.
Now need to find out how to get to them.

Thanks for all the input. The entries above did not work. Think I will need to mess with the hidden bios entries.
Now need to find out how to get to them.

Please see this post. I wrote it for a different computer, but the procedure will be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back