Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 3670 DT
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
UHD 630 / RX570
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Setting up a new system (Dell Inspiron 3670 DT w/Core i7-8700). Super simple setup w/Mojave. Everything pretty much worked with minimal effort.

As I didn't want to waste hours with the on-board UHD 630 video, I purchased an MSI RX 560 4GB card to get easy OOB accelerated video.

What I find interesting is, when the RX 560 card is installed, the Intel FB-patcher program shows the GPU as the Intel UHD 630 and shows it working perfectly with Metal support and QE/CI enabled. It also shows it with 1536MB video memory. The macOS System Information, though, shows the Radeon RX 560 and no Intel UHD 630 listed under Graphics. This is with NO Intel or ATI inject, just using LILU and WEG (stock).

When I take out the RX 560 and boot with Inject Intel (FAKEID 0x12345678), I get video, but the usual no acceleration (shows as Intel UHD 630 7MB).

If I try to boot with no injection, it kernel panics and won't boot.

Why is it that the UHD 630 seemingly is detected and configured correctly when the RX 560 is installed? Why is the Intel UHD 630 seen as the primary GPU in FB-patcher? I also use the MacX Video converter and it shows the Intel UHD 630 installed and enabled hardware encoding using the UHD 630 instead of the RX 560.

Screenshots below.

Given what is seen here, is there an easy way to get UHD 630 working w/o RX 560? Am I just needing to change some ID's or such in my Clover plist?

Attachments

• Intel_OK_MacX_OK_AboutMac.png
    Intel_OK_MacX_OK_AboutMac.png
    640.8 KB · Views: 137
  • Intel_OK_SI.png
    Intel_OK_SI.png
    169.2 KB · Views: 139
  • AMD_OK_MacX_NO.png
    AMD_OK_MacX_NO.png
    483.2 KB · Views: 104
I have a similar setup with Inspiron 3670 DT w/i5-8400 and the RX 560 4G OC MSI Radeon Aero ITX graphics card. Unable to get past the clover boot screen using current Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts. UHD 630 Intel works fine for Mojave OS. Did you need to patch the frame buffer for the RX560 card to work ?

I did not have to patch the framebuffer. It sounds like we have the same card, too.

I remember to get it working, I had to change the BIOS setting for the primary display. AUTO and Intel do not work. When I set it to ATI Radeon HD as the primary display, it works.

If you haven't already, try that.

I love the DT 3670! So flexible and configurable and all the USB ports work as they should with minimum (none) fuss!

What are you using for WIFI/BT? I wound up using a BCM94360CS2 off of ebay and an adapter from Amazon, $20 total, and it's works 100% for WIFI / BT / AirDrop, etc., and 100% supported.

I was using the Fenvi FV-T919, which also works 100%, but in this 3670, it needs a USB header which does not exist inside, so it takes some modification to make that work.

I'd like to get a higher wattage PS, but have yet to find one that fits.

Last edited:
Thanks. Unfortunately that does not work. Screen goes dark after clover bootloader and verbose output screen. Could you share your config.plist file ?
I have not yet set up Wifi/BT.

Here you go...

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.4 KB · Views: 77
It looks like the problem may be with the latest Mojave update 10.14.4 (see "Installation - Mojave Desktop Support -
Mojave 10.14.4 Boots to black screen with headless UHD 630 and RX 580" thread ); what version of Mojave are you using ?

Are you able to set the amount of RAM dedicated to the UHD 630 in BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back