Contribute
Register

Intel T6400 too HOT with Snow Leopard. How to improve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Laptop > Need make and model names > See Rules!
CPU
i7-4700HQ
Graphics
GTX 770m
Hello,
I managed to install SL in my intel laptop (a PackardBell EasyNote), which now has both Windows and SL in a dual boot environment.
I have noticed the fan being always on and noisy when using SL, so I installed istat pro to check the cpu temp (which is an Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 - 2.0 Ghz) and with my surprise I noticed that at rest, in SL, it can reach temperatures of around 70°C and up for both cores
while in Windows7, at rest, it stays not more than 50°C (at rest)
and thats the reason why I always have the fan on and noisy while using SL.. it gets too hot!

I have made a successful SL installation using multibeast, and selecting MacPro 3,1 as system definition.
I also installed latest chameleon, enabling both P and C states.

I dont have a DSDT because I couldnt find anyone that installed SL in a smilar laptop.

What can I do to try to keep the system down in SL? :(
What I should change or modify in my SL installation?
I dont have a clue! Please give me advices... thanks

Well I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but I would say you would want you system to read as a "Mac pro", you can do so through multi beast

I'm running into a similar situation on an Intel T4500 Processor.

The fan runs loudly while the OS is sitting idle (with no applications open other than system processes).

I'll try the label "Mac Pro" to see if these alleviates the symptom.

Thanks.

thanks for the replies but...
do you mean "MacPro" or MacBookPro" ?
Because as said in 1st post, I already tried MacPro 3,1
and now I'm trying MacBookPro 5,1
but result doesn't change, still high temperatures and fan going crazy like me! :crazy: :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back