EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All,

Installed Mountain Lion on new OCZ 120GB Vertex 3 SSD, firmware 2.22.
Using UniBeast 1.52 Thumb Drive, installation completed with SucessFul Install message and rebooted. The boot process stalls with the small colored spinning wheel and wont progress any further.
This issue is being discussed at OCZ forums, with firmware update in the works.
This same UniBeast 1.52 installed and runs great on Seagate 250GB HDD.
I have an Intel 520 120GB SDD, will ML install ok on Intel SSDs?

squidlles

I had installed Lion and now Mountain Lion on an Intel 520 Series 240 GB. No problems so far.

** Hi y'all, this is my first post! **

I installed Mountain Lion 10.8 successfully last night on a 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD. I can load up the OS no problems. I'm not sure what firmware the SSD has, though. How do you tell?

[obvious question] ... After the initial successful install, did you make it boot from your bootloader after the restart?

Hi All,

Installed Mountain Lion on new OCZ 120GB Vertex 3 SSD, firmware 2.22.
Using UniBeast 1.52 Thumb Drive, installation completed with SucessFul Install message and rebooted. The boot process stalls with the small colored spinning wheel and wont progress any further.
This issue is being discussed at OCZ forums, with firmware update in the works.
This same UniBeast 1.52 installed and runs great on Seagate 250GB HDD.
I have an Intel 520 120GB SDD, will ML install ok on Intel SSDs?

squidlles

Well many people are using OCZ drives without any problems. I use agility 3 on 2 systems (same 2.22 firmware as vertex, just slightly slower nand) and i know people using the vertex 3 in ML so sounds like the problem is with your specific SSD drive, or something else is going on.
g\

Well many people are using OCZ drives without any problems. I use agility 3 on 2 systems (same 2.22 firmware as vertex, just slightly slower nand) and i know people using the vertex 3 in ML so sounds like the problem is with your specific SSD drive, or something else is going on.
g\

Must be something else. I tried ML 10.8 on Intel 520 120GB. "Install Sucessful" but reboot shows same results. Spinning color wheel (cursor) on grey screen. Nothing else.
I tried swapping sata cables and sata ports. Still no go.

Must be something else. I tried ML 10.8 on Intel 520 120GB. "Install Sucessful" but reboot shows same results. Spinning color wheel (cursor) on grey screen. Nothing else.
I tried swapping sata cables and sata ports. Still no go.

Hi All,

Ran a CarbonCopy Clone of Lion 10.7.3 to OCZ Vertex 3 SSD and it works...sort of.
Seems the Bootloader wasn't cloned, as I need to insert Lion Unibeast USB for bootup.
Do I need to rerun entire Multibeast on cloned SSD to add bootloader?
As of now Lion clone has perfect graphics, audio and ethernet. Any suggestions to avoid mucking them up if MultiBeast rerun is needed?

tia,squidlles

No, only installing the bootloader is sufficient.

Right you are!

Installed Chimera 1.11.0 Stand-alone bootloader and all is ok.

Thanks to all for advice,
squidlles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back