Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-X99-UD4
CPU
5960x @ 4.2
Graphics
2 x 980TI
Been digging and not finding a lot on this....Curious if anyone has successfully created a RAID 5 on their mobo that's seen in OSX. I'm assuming it's not a big deal but wanted to check if anyone has done it successfully. I guess it could be any RAID built in the bios.

Currently I've got a dual boot, Windows 10 and Yosemite, that's been working flawlessly, but I want to build a RAID on the mobo, boot into Windows and format it NTFS and with Paragon NTFS for Mac installed on the Mac be able to access it from both operating systems...

x99-ud4

Thanks

Been digging and not finding a lot on this....Curious if anyone has successfully created a RAID 5 on their mobo that's seen in OSX. I'm assuming it's not a big deal but wanted to check if anyone has done it successfully. I guess it could be any RAID built in the bios.

Currently I've got a dual boot, Windows 10 and Yosemite, that's been working flawlessly, but I want to build a RAID on the mobo, boot into Windows and format it NTFS and with Paragon NTFS for Mac installed on the Mac be able to access it from both operating systems...

x99-ud4

Thanks

Intel motherboard RAID isn't recognized by OS X. You either have to use software RAID or a supported discrete RAID card.

Thanks for the response.

So, as far as a software RAID...Is there a software RAID that would show up both when I boot into Windows or OSX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back