Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock z370 Fatal1ty itx-ac
CPU
i7 8700
Graphics
Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 Gaming 4GB
Can anyone tell me why Intel Power Gadget crashes my system? It seems to work fine for everyone else. I figured out that if I remove EnergyDriver.kext from Library/Extensions/ it will no longer crash on login, but if I revert back to old version of IPG it tells me its incompatible. Anyone got any solutions of how I can monitor my CPU or get IPG to work?

Can anyone tell me why Intel Power Gadget crashes my system? It seems to work fine for everyone else. I figured out that if I remove EnergyDriver.kext from Library/Extensions/ it will no longer crash on login, but if I revert back to old version of IPG it tells me its incompatible. Anyone got any solutions of how I can monitor my CPU or get IPG to work?

If you're running Catalina why are you still putting third party kexts in L/E? The architecture of Catalina has changed from it's predecessors for security reasons so the previous advice to put kexts in L/E is defunct. All third party kexts must be placed in the 'Other' Folder on the EFI partition, no wonder you're getting errors.

If you're running Catalina why are you still putting third party kexts in L/E? The architecture of Catalina has changed from it's predecessors for security reasons so the previous advice to put kexts in L/E is defunct. All third party kexts must be placed in the 'Other' Folder on the EFI partition, no wonder you're getting errors.

Thanks for the tip, that seems to be working now. I didn't put it in L/E, I just know that after the IPG installation, once I tried to open the gadget my computer was put into a reboot loop and I had to go find what was the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back