Contribute
Register

Intel Optane?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have finally found a method to boot Hackintosh while Optane is connected to the motherboard. This method only allows to boot MacOS, but it does not make Optane work in it (I have tested on High Sierra).
  1. If we have Optane activated in Windows as an HDD cache, we first deactivate it (otherwise we can lose data).
  2. Change the mode of the motherboard from RST to AHCI.
  3. In Clover, put the following in boot arguments: nvme=-1

Thanks man! Really helpful :)

I have finally found a method to boot Hackintosh while Optane is connected to the motherboard. This method only allows to boot MacOS, but it does not make Optane work in it (I have tested on High Sierra).
1) If we have Optane activated in Windows as an HDD cache, we first deactivate it (otherwise we can lose data).
2) Change the mode of the motherboard from RST to AHCI.
3) In Clover, put the following in boot arguments: nvme=-1
I find your method is work in boot Hackintosh, but when i changed sata mode from RST to AHCI, Optane is not work in windows, I must to clear Optane data for reuse Optane. Do you have such a problem?

Hi, anyone succeeded using an Optane 905P in a hackintosh, either for data or for boot ?

@FMPvince Optane won't work with a hack (as of now). The only two ways to make things work are:
1. use "nvme=-1" in clover args, this will disable the system from recognizing optane alongwith other nvme (simplest fix specially while you are installing and don't need to use nvme).
2. After install, use Rehabman HackNVMeFamily guide to spoof the class code of the optane device in your dsdt/ssdt. This will make the optane unrecognizable for the hack and other nvme drives will continue to work.

many thanks @sonyasmoke
but in the end will it get its full speed ?

@FMPvince my all attempts so far to run my intel nvme m2 ssd with catalina did not work. Disabling optane boots the system fine, it even shows the nvme ssd and volumes, however the sleep/wake does not properly work whenever the nvme is detected, also sometimes it just hangs up by itself. Note that catalina is itself installed on a separate SATA drive, and nvme is not used for any writing, but it still creates problem.

So my conclusion is, look at the forums and replace intel nvme with some other that user report working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back