Contribute
Register

Intel NUC DC3217IYE & OS X 10.8.2 SUCCESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
you may see i just removed my post.

i tested the re-done dsdt several times last night before posting results and it worked fine.

i got up this morning and the box was frozen. forced power down, and on restart, the apple screen never gave way to the desktop.

off to church and will troubleshoot later.

sorry for the false alarm. thought it was solved.

Idd It does seem to go to sleep (power led blinks) but when waked doesn't show anything on the screen. Maybe we can fix this somehow. Anyway this little box is amazing.

Idd It does seem to go to sleep (power led blinks) but when waked doesn't show anything on the screen. Maybe we can fix this somehow. Anyway this little box is amazing.

abodicsaba--just sent you a PM

Hi Guys,
Have got my (DC3217IYE) NUC booting nicely albeit without sound for the moment however I am perplexed with the 128MB Video setting many posters are talking about. I have looked extensively in the BIOS for any option to access this setting but have none. MAC OS X 10.8.2 is not complaining. Today I have 384MB - Intel HD Graphics 4000 Mobile 384 MB graphics, yesterday I'm sure it said 512. Cheers.

Hi Guys,
Have got my (DC3217IYE) NUC booting nicely albeit without sound for the moment however I am perplexed with the 128MB Video setting many posters are talking about. I have looked extensively in the BIOS for any option to access this setting but have none. MAC OS X 10.8.2 is not complaining. Today I have 384MB - Intel HD Graphics 4000 Mobile 384 MB graphics, yesterday I'm sure it said 512. Cheers.

the video memory setting in bios:

bios--advanced settings--devices and periperals--IGD DVMT memory

the default is Automatic; click on Automatic and in the drop down menu select 128Mb.

Has anyone found a mini PCIe WIFI card yet that will work with the NUC? How about a a WIFI/Bluetooth mini PCIe? Would like to order card so that arrives when my NUC arrives tomorrow.

I plan to bring mine by the local Apple store and ask them to look at my "Mac Micro." I have a white Apple decal that will look great on the top of the unit.

the video memory setting in bios:

bios--advanced settings--devices and periperals--IGD DVMT memory

the default is Automatic; click on Automatic and in the drop down menu select 128Mb.

I got my twin HDMI NUC set up this morning and I too couldn't find the IGD DVMT setting in the bios and I wonder if it's to do with the amount of RAM installed as the HD4000 shares the system RAM?

My unit has 1 stick of 4GB 1333 RAM installed and OSX shows graphics as HD4000 and 384MB.

I got 10.8.2 running with HDMI audio thanks to this thread but I had two issues:
1. I initially installed the RAM into the second dimm slot and that caused OSX to hang, this resolved once I moved the RAM to dimm slot 1.
2. I set the system as mac mini 5,1 with multibeast 5.2.1 but CPU shows 1.7GHz, so I tried mac mini 6,1 but still 1.7GHz. I see mac mini 5,1 worked with multibeast 5.2.0 in an earlier post, is this older version of multibeast still available for download?

Thanks.

2. I set the system as mac mini 5,1 with multibeast 5.2.1 but CPU shows 1.7GHz, so I tried mac mini 6,1 but still 1.7GHz. I see mac mini 5,1 worked with multibeast 5.2.0 in an earlier post, is this older version of multibeast still available for download?

Thanks.

Just to make it clear: the "about this mac"-screen shows 1,7 Ghz with both system definitions for me.

So did you check the used max cpu clock and used speedsteps with HW Monitor Application (for example)?

Just to make it clear: the "about this mac"-screen shows 1,7 Ghz with both system definitions for me.

So did you check the used max cpu clock and used speedsteps with HW Monitor Application (for example)?

No, thanks for the pointer, I'll re-check and post back.

No, thanks for the pointer, I'll re-check and post back.

Update: macmini 5,1 on multibeast 5.2.1 give x18 CPU multiplier behaviour. Thanks withoutaface :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back