1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi, I have the Intel NUC 3217BY model (the red Thunderbolt one) with:
8GB Corsair RAM
256GB Corsair M4 mSATA
(Wireless card hasn't arrived yet)

But I'm running into a strange problem. I just recently created a Unibeast stick using Unibeast 1.7 and a fresh copy of Mountain Lion 10.8.3 from the App Store. I partitioned the Corsair drive with 1 partition (Mac OS Extended journaled). Then I installed 10.8.3 onto it using the Unibeast stick.

However in my initial boot, I boot off the Unibeast then choose the freshly installed partition on the Corsair drive so that I can use Multibeast to install drivers and other kexts, but it just hangs forever, with the Apple logo and the round circle underneath turning forever and ever.

Before the mSATA drive arrived, I was itching to try this out, and I took a 500GB USB drive I had lying around and installed onto it using the same Unibeast stick I mention above. And it worked fine. I was able to boot into into and used Multibeast and Chameleon wizard to set everything up. Problem was that it was slow as hell.

So I was ecstatic when the mSATA drive arrived, but no joy, since I can't seem to boot into it.

I did afterwards try install Windows 7, and that worked fine. No problems there. But I don't want to run Windows on this nice machine. I wanna run OS X.

Please help. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

S

Hi, I have the Intel NUC 3217BY model (the red Thunderbolt one) with:
8GB Corsair RAM
256GB Corsair M4 mSATA
(Wireless card hasn't arrived yet)

But I'm running into a strange problem. I just recently created a Unibeast stick using Unibeast 1.7 and a fresh copy of Mountain Lion 10.8.3 from the App Store. I partitioned the Corsair drive with 1 partition (Mac OS Extended journaled). Then I installed 10.8.3 onto it using the Unibeast stick.

However in my initial boot, I boot off the Unibeast then choose the freshly installed partition on the Corsair drive so that I can use Multibeast to install drivers and other kexts, but it just hangs forever, with the Apple logo and the round circle underneath turning forever and ever.

Before the mSATA drive arrived, I was itching to try this out, and I took a 500GB USB drive I had lying around and installed onto it using the same Unibeast stick I mention above. And it worked fine. I was able to boot into into and used Multibeast and Chameleon wizard to set everything up. Problem was that it was slow as hell.

So I was ecstatic when the mSATA drive arrived, but no joy, since I can't seem to boot into it.

I did afterwards try install Windows 7, and that worked fine. No problems there. But I don't want to run Windows on this nice machine. I wanna run OS X.

Please help. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

S

Boot with "-v" so you can see where it might be hanging up...

Boot with "-v" so you can see where it might be hanging up...

That's one of the problems I have. I can't seem to boot with any flags. Can't do it when I'm booting off the Unibeast stick, nor can I do it when booting from the OSX partition on the mSATA.

So I modified the org.Chameleon.Boot.plist on the Unibeast stick to include:

<string>PCIRootUID=0</string>

as someone had suggested on a previous Intel NUC thread. And it worked! I was able to boot into the mSATA partition and run Multibeast.

But I'm not sure why this worked since I don't know what the above string does. I didn't have to do this on my previous Hackintosh builds. So why is it necessary just for the NUC?

S

Can you be a little bit more specific about the steps you took to get the NUC to boot after install? I can get to the desktop entering "-x", but once i run multi-beast and restart i'm right back to a hung white start up screen.

I'm having the same problem here.. Any clue?

I'm having the same problem here.. Any clue?

In verbose mode boot, here's the last few lines;

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a
-- power management may be incomplete or unsupporter
DSMOS has arrived
(IOBluetoothHCIController)(start) -- completed

I'm a bit lost in all the Intel NUC threads on the forum, but I know I've seen somewhere something about "power management".

Using Intel NUC DC3217IYE with BIOS 042 (lastest).

In verbose mode boot, here's the last few lines;

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a
-- power management may be incomplete or unsupporter
DSMOS has arrived
(IOBluetoothHCIController)(start) -- completed

I'm a bit lost in all the Intel NUC threads on the forum, but I know I've seen somewhere something about "power management".

Using Intel NUC DC3217IYE with BIOS 042 (lastest).

In verbose mode, mine gets hung up at that exact spot as well... not sure what to do as this is my first build!

photo.JPG

Sorry for the blurry image.. my camera doesn't want to focus on the screen very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back