Contribute
Register

Intel Nuc D54250WYK Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, apologies for the delayed response, haven't seen your post! :|

BiosVersion and SerialNumber and UUID - have been sanitized, I'd recommend creating your own or replacing with the ones you already have.
Have a look at GenSMBIOS tool.

ProductName - Macmini7,1 - Figured out that Nuc somewhat resembles that model with the same generation Haswell CPU.
Also note that setting to iMac will not allow you to use multiple displays!

Removed 'debug.log' from 'misc' folder and 'Clover_Install_Log.txt' from EFI folder.

Been running with Clover with all features working and kext at latest version.

Quickly tried booting with OpenCore and appears to be working fine too, but I haven't checked in-depth though.
OpenCore has a custom ACPI files and will likely work with D54250WYK only!

Both ZIP files attached.

Hope that helps!
thank u 4 share

thank u 4 share
You're welcome!
Noticed that EFI if a bit dated now, I do plan to update (hopefilly within a week) with latest OC version and kexts, happy to share that once I'm successful...
After update it should be Big Sur compatible as well.

Noticed that EFI if a bit dated now, I do plan to update (hopefilly within a week) with latest OC version and kexts, happy to share that once I'm successful...
Yes please! I have two of these NUCs to install macOS on, if I could go straight to Big Sur that would be :headbang:!

Thanks very much for sharing your work with us! :clap::thumbup:

edit: figured it out. my config.plist was misconfigured

Last edited:
Hi all, I am attaching EFI archive with the latest OC version - 0.6.9 and latest kexts.

I have done a brief testing and it booted cleanly and appeared stable.

Quick guide:
- Uncompress zip file, place the EFI folder and it's contents to the root of your EFI partition.

- Before booting make sure you update with your own serials in config.plist file.

Variables that you need to fill in are:
MLB - board serial
ROM - mac address of your en0 interface
SystemSerialNumber - self explanatory
SystemUUID - self explanatory

This is likely to be one of my last updates for this particular hardware as I have upgraded.

I'll try my best to support but no promises :)

That's great @drnovsek, I've just dug out my second NUC and upgraded the RAM and SSD, and I was wondering how you were getting on. :)

So this is for Big Sur, or just for Catalina?

That's great @drnovsek, I've just dug out my second NUC and upgraded the RAM and SSD, and I was wondering how you were getting on. :)

So this is for Big Sur, or just for Catalina?
It should work with Big Sur AFAIK - it has configuration in place for Wifi kexts. Have not tested it personally but hopefully will find time soon...
Feel free to try installing BigSur and let me know if you hit a roadblock though.

I successfully installed Macos big sure on my intel nuc d54250wyk using open core latest release. Ran into no issues. all features work straight away. Just need to get me a wifi adapter that is supported at the moment I'm using ethernet but have confirmed tp link wifi adapters work on it

You're welcome!
I followed your steps and did a straight install of big sur and it works great! Thanks a alot

Thanks Guys for these information, it was really helpful. I've needed some patience but everything is up and running even my AX210 card :)

Monterey also working for this NUC, will try Ventura soon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back