Contribute
Register

Intel NUC 10 Frost Canyon

Tried both, hdmi as well as usb-c, same.
my only guess at this point would be the HDMI cable and if it is an HDMI 2.0 cable designed to support 4k? However if you tried USB-C also, I would make sure you connected to the USB-C on the front and not the Thunderbolt on the rear, and also make sure your using a true high speed USB-C and not just a power only low speed USB-C cable... I'm sorry you're having such an issue with this.

Wow seems great ;)

I try on my nuc10i7fnh2.

It boots then soon after, i'm stuck at [PCI configuration begin], then nothing continue

I boot from usb thumbdrive

I tried different efi folder from this thread

Do i need to use the EFIi tool to unlock the msr register before ?
I tried CFGLock.efi, it proposes me 2 registers to modify, Setup and Cpu. I tried CPU, it freeze.

Thanks in advance ;)

Last edited:
my only guess at this point would be the HDMI cable and if it is an HDMI 2.0 cable designed to support 4k? However if you tried USB-C also, I would make sure you connected to the USB-C on the front and not the Thunderbolt on the rear, and also make sure your using a true high speed USB-C and not just a power only low speed USB-C cable... I'm sorry you're having such an issue with this.

Cables are fine. I don't get any video from the front usb-c port. Any ideas?

I am getting output to three monitors using Displaylink to a Dell D6000 dock on my NUC10i7FNH.

Only thing I am lacking is sleep and HDMI out sound. I have wired ethernet so I don't care about WIFI.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 4.21.45 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 4.21.45 pm.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Wow seems great ;)

I try on my nuc10i7fnh2.

It boots then soon after, i'm stuck at [PCI configuration begin], then nothing continue

I boot from usb thumbdrive

I tried different efi folder from this thread

Do i need to use the EFIi tool to unlock the msr register before ?
I tried CFGLock.efi, it proposes me 2 registers to modify, Setup and Cpu. I tried CPU, it freeze.

Thanks in advance ;)

Try the EFI at #63, and yes the second register is the CFGLock flag
if you can't unlock it for now, try to set these two values to true in your config.plist
<key>AppleCpuPmCfgLock</key>
<true/>
<key>AppleXcpmCfgLock</key>
<true/>

My other monitor which is an Ultra Wide, works fine. Sadly it isn't 4k. It sucks that I have every single thing working except this :/

I just wrote to OC post in the other site to @vit9696 with the issue related to device H_EC, hopefully we will find a way to prevent AppleACPIEC from loading, just a note to everyone in this post.

Once the issue has been solved I'll try helping with the other issues too.

Back