Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth X58
CPU
i7-970
Graphics
GTX 550 Ti
Hey.

Going to build a Hackintosh next week but i just wanted to know if my processor will work properly in OSX lion.

http://ark.intel.com/products/47933/Int ... -Intel-QPI)

Will OSX utilize all 6 cores? do i need to pick a specific System definition in multibeast because of my processor? or will it just be fine? :think:

Thanks in advance for any response :)

Magdog321 said:
Hey.

Going to build a Hackintosh next week but i just wanted to know if my processor will work properly in OSX lion.

http://ark.intel.com/products/47933/Int ... -Intel-QPI)

Will OSX utilize all 6 cores? do i need to pick a specific System definition in multibeast because of my processor? or will it just be fine? :think:

Thanks in advance for any response :)

Never used one personally but I've seen plenty of posts that claim it works fine with all cores recognized. The most common system definition is Mac Pro 3,1 and it is also the default when you use the UserDSDT option running multibeast. You can get the DSDT for your board here:

dsdt.php

There might be some other folks using your motherboard that have other advice about the system definition. If you search the forum I'm sure you'll find some useful info.

Good luck!

so when i use the DSDT for my board should i just leave the system description blank because its going to select mac pro 3.1 anyway?

Magdog321 said:
so when i use the DSDT for my board should i just leave the system description blank because its going to select mac pro 3.1 anyway?

Yes, you can do that. It also allows you to choose a different system definition if you wish. I would definitely start off with 3,1 until you can research the topic a little more.

Just read through the .pdf file that comes with multibeast...it gives you a complete description of what each option does to your system.

you just gained ubergeek status lol. thanks for the help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back