CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
It's fair to say I had a nightmare upgrade from High Sierra to Mojave, more problems than I can ever remember in eight years! :) Somehow though on the shoulders of others, I have managed to achieve audio (native ALC), HD530 internal graphics and Nvidia GTX760 all in harmony with each other and driving a total of three displays again.

In my desperation to get HD530 working again, I found a post on ****** which linked to an entire EFI folder + kexts https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/8s201a/high_sierra_to_mojave_direct_upgrade_w_mas/ I already had the kexts in place following my week-long trials trying to get everything running again under Mojave - but clearly something was missing in my config.plist as using the .plist from ******, my video and audio came to life.

Previously in my attempt to get the ALC1150 audio working I'd resorted to VoodooHDA, which to be fair worked fine without any config edits - but I prefer to keep things as native as possible so that has now been removed.

My working configuration:
  • Intel Core i7-6700 (Skylake)
  • Gigabyte HA-170N mini-ITX desktop
  • Realtek ALC1150 audio
  • Intel HD530 on-board graphics GPU
  • Intel on-board Ethernet
  • Wifi from a 3rd party plug-in mini-PCIe card whose name escapes me but is recommended across the site
/ EFI/ Clover / kexts / other
  • AppleALC.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • IntelMausiEthernet.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • USBInjectAll.kext
  • WhateverGreen.kext
No other kexts in Clover.

/ Library / Extensions

No additional kexts added

System / Library / Extensions

No additional kexts added​

I spent many, many hours trying (and failing) to get my head around "framebuffer patching" and going down numerous rabbit holes with different tools and apps attempting to get the correct information I needed.

Here's my kext setup:

kexts.jpg

(nothing knowingly added to System / Library / Extensions either)

About_This_Mac.jpg

I've attached the working config.plist here as well, in case it helps anyone.

Steve

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.8 KB · Views: 425
Last edited:
Hello,

congratulations for your running system!

I have trouble to get my dual monitors working on a GTX 970. Therefore I would like to ask if you can advice how to install OS X with running HD530 and GTX side by side. Or maybe you can provide a link to a guide or something.

Many thanks in beforehand.

Hi,

Looking at your signature we seem to share the same IGFX (HD530 from an i7-6700) although we have different PCI graphics (I have a GTX760). Not sure how how much difference that makes, clearly the framebuffer patches in the config I posted should work for your IGFX if they work for mine and I don't believe I use any injection methods to get the GTX-760 working. I do not use the Nvidia web drivers either.

One important thing I found is to set IGFX (the on-board HD530 graphics output) as the primary / initial graphics option in your BIOS and not the PCIe card (your GTX-970).

Have you tried the kext configuration & sample config.plist on my post? Obviously take a backup of your own config.plist first before replacing it with my one, but it has to be worth a go.

Good luck.

Steve

nice setup, very similar to mine, I have the GTX 970 but bought a RX 580 as I use this system for work and needed back up with my 2 4k monitors.

For wireless I went with a Shaluoman BCM94360CD/BCM94331CD to PCI-e 1X Adapter off amazon and a 13” Apple MacBook Air A1466 Airport Wifi Bluetooth Card, OOB Wifi and bluetooth.

Interesting idea about the PCIe adapter card.

I pulled out the Intel (I think it is) card that Gigabyte include with the H170N WiFi and replaced it with a DELL DW1560 (Broadcom BCM94352Z).

We have two H170N based systems (different CPUs but otherwise the same). On one of them the WiFi and Bluetooth appear without any kexts, on the other it required rehabman's Broadcom kext & patch. Same wifi card, same OS, same motherboard...

Go figure. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back