i7 8700k
Graphics
ASUS DUAL OC RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi there!

It's been a long time searching for a way to make my build work flawlessly with FCPX but I'm always having trouble. After a lot of reading I concluded that my fcpx crashes when background rendering kicks in because I'm not configuring the latest clover in the proper way (as far as Intel Graphics is concerned). When I setup my build with only the Intel HD4000 Final Cut doesn't crash but it's a bit sluggish when trying to edit.

Someone please help with the platform-id's and other possible checks in clover to make it work as Intel HD4000 coming second to NVIDIA GTX 470?

FWIW I've found that enabling both Intel HD4000 and a discrete GPU causes FCPX to crash even on launch. Disabling onboard graphics in BIOS or removing the discrete GPU and just running HD4000 graphics fixes the issue. Obviously you want to use a discrete GPU with FCPX for the fastest rendering (preferably an ATI/AMD card, which FCPX is optimized for), so my advice is to disable/ignore HD4000 and just let the discrete GPU do the heavy lifting with FCPX. Everything will be faster and no more crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back