Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Is those Vendor/DeviceIDs are included in Chimera 1.4.1 ?
8086:0046 Intel Arrandale GMA HD

Because i can't get native resolution (1366x768)

Is it possible to include a manual selection (bypass EDID) of the resolution (or a special compiled version of chimera) to get native res under OSX ?

It seems that Chimera is not getting right informations from my laptop display, so i want to bypass those.

Thanks.

I had 1366x768 resolution working on Snow Leopard 1.6.8 with ChameleonMR2 bootloader. It was a modified Chameleon bootloader that forced the OS in the native screen resolution. But since I have Lion the bootloader doesn't work anymore but maybe you can put that modification of Chameleon in the new Chimera bootloader so many people can boot into their native resolutions. A lot of people would be happy :)

MacMan said:
OS X does NOT support or provide drivers for this graphics controller. So that is why it is not included.

Closed, can't fix.
Are U sure? check this : [url]http://support.apple.com/kb/SP582[/url]
unfortunately I don't know real mac Intel HD ID's =(, but we can try to switch them inside dsdt. (could work, maybe) and 4 0046-8086 GPU has 300MHz but mac's about 500 (as I can remember)
Intel macs have 2 video cards : Intel HD Graphics5 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M with automatic graphics switching, so we must somehow bypass 330M then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back