Contribute
Register

Intel HD 530 artifacts on Sierra 10.12 (none on 10.11 with same config)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170N-Gaming 5
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700K
Graphics
Asus GTX 1070 Turbo
On my new install of Sierra 10.12, I have graphical artifacts at the top-left of my screen (black or dark bars that appear and disappear somewhat randomly) around the apple logo icon and top menu.

Can anyone share their thoughts on how best to troubleshoot this issue?

I am using the same configuration I was using on El Capitan 10.11 for my Intel HD 530 graphics. There were no graphics issues before my install of Sierra, so the only thing that has changed is that I'm now on Sierra 10.12.

My motherboard is a Gigabyte Z170N Gaming 5 rev 1.1, with an i7 6700K CPU. I have the proper Intel HD 530 configuration in place as per this thread's guidelines: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...grated-graphics-working-as-of-10-11-4.188891/, which is to say:

- Inject Intel is true, other options are false
- I'm using ig-platform-id of 0x19120000
- I'm using the specified AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer kext patch.

I'm not sure what other information to share that might be helpful to troubleshoot. My monitor is connected by DVI to the motherboard. I also have a GTX 1070 installed, but I boot with nv_disable=1 and again, all of this works on El Capitan without any issue.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

This is a known problem with Sierra and the 530 and we're hopeful a fix is coming soon.

Thanks for the info, I will try the transparency fix when I get back to that computer tomorrow and confirm it works as a temporary solution.

My apologies for reporting a known issue, my forum searching abilities have failed me! :)

Unfortunately the transparency setting does not fix the visual glitching. I'm going to revert to El Capitan for now, but thanks to all for the assistance.

Has there been any update n this issue? I am experiencing the same thing. Is there another thread on the forum that I should be reading instead?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back