Graphics
EVGA 02G-P4-3757-KR
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
It would appear that I have resolved an earlier issue, but discovered several others.

Intel HD 4600

I am currently able to select between either my motherboard's Intel HD 4600 graphics or my discrete NVIDIA card. The NVIDIA card functions as expected (with the NVIDIA drivers installed and enabled), but the Intel HD 4600 graphics barely function. Booting with the motherboard's graphics enabled results in the NVIDIA card being non-functional and the monitor connected directly to the motherboard 'working', but only insofar as "working" means "so full of artifacts and glitches as to be almost impossible to use".

I've tried all manner of options related to injecting Intel drivers and most anything else I could think of in Clover Configurator to no avail.

Boot Issues

Currently, my main Hackintosh (the one experiencing these issues) simply will not boot from the system's Clover install. I am able to get the machine up and running if I boot via USB (and then select the primary OS X install to boot). Oddly, I also have to go in and change "10.10.10" to "10.11.1" (the correct value) for the OS in Clover's options every single time I boot the system or it simply will not boot at all (either restarts or panics).

Additional Information

It may be worth noting that the built-in Intel HD 4600 graphics will not work at all when the BIOS is set to allocate any more than 128MB of RAM to the built-in graphics.

I've been at this for hours now with very little luck. Any help would be much appreciated.

I've managed to resolve the boot issue by creating a brand new UniBeast 6.1.1 USB and then copying the CLOVER folder from inside EFI on the USB over to my boot drive.

This is my current Clover configuration:
View attachment config.plist

Additionally, replacing the old CLOVER folder with the one from the UniBeast USB seems to have resolved whatever issue was requiring me to change the OS version in Clover's configuration before every boot.

After replacing the OS X install's CLOVER folder with the one from the UniBeast USB, the system booted fine from the OS X Clover install (i.e., the one on the SSD, not the one on the USB). However, after using Clover Configurator to assign the machine a serial number, model, et cetera, the machine is again refusing to boot from the main Clover install and will boot only when using the UniBeast USB. When booting from the main Clover install, the machine completes the boot sequence and then goes to a black screen which quickly turns into "no signal". I have no idea why this is occurring.

Literally the only other option I changed was to make the default to boot with -v enabled (and, no, disabling that didn't remedy the issue).

I ran a comparison (using BBEdit) between the UniBeast 6.1.1 config.plist and the config.plist after being run through Clover Configurator. Somewhere in this, apparently, is the reason the USB boots my machine successfully and the Clover install fails to boot with video:

Code:
Extra lines in Right before 13 in Left (File config.plist; Line 13; File config - UniBeast 6.1.1.plist; Line 13:73)Extra lines in Right before 18 in Left (File config.plist; Line 18; File config - UniBeast 6.1.1.plist; Line 79:80)
Nonmatching Lines (File config.plist; Line 23; File config - UniBeast 6.1.1.plist; Line 86:91)
Extra lines in Left before 98 in Right (File config.plist; Line 30:31; File config - UniBeast 6.1.1.plist; Line 98)
Extra lines in Right before 36 in Left (File config.plist; Line 36; File config - UniBeast 6.1.1.plist; Line 102:103)
Nonmatching Lines (File config.plist; Line 41; File config - UniBeast 6.1.1.plist; Line 109)
Extra lines in Right before 76 in Left (File config.plist; Line 76; File config - UniBeast 6.1.1.plist; Line 144:145)
Extra lines in Right before 85 in Left (File config.plist; Line 85; File config - UniBeast 6.1.1.plist; Line 155)
Extra lines in Left before 157 in Right (File config.plist; Line 86; File config - UniBeast 6.1.1.plist; Line 157)
Extra lines in Left before 162 in Right (File config.plist; Line 92:93; File config - UniBeast 6.1.1.plist; Line 162)
Extra lines in Left before 164 in Right (File config.plist; Line 96:97; File config - UniBeast 6.1.1.plist; Line 164)
Extra lines in Left before 192 in Right (File config.plist; Line 126:127; File config - UniBeast 6.1.1.plist; Line 192)
Extra lines in Left before 199 in Right (File config.plist; Line 135:136; File config - UniBeast 6.1.1.plist; Line 199)
Extra lines in Left before 234 in Right (File config.plist; Line 172:199; File config - UniBeast 6.1.1.plist; Line 234)
Extra lines in Left before 236 in Right (File config.plist; Line 202:203; File config - UniBeast 6.1.1.plist; Line 236)

That's a spectacularly unuseful comparison. Also, Clover Configurator often writes the final content in a particular order which may be different from the original, so some of the differences you get may not be meaningful.

Can you just post both files?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back