Contribute
Register

Intel hd 4600 dual monitor unreported problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post #7/IOReg shows 2 displays with acceleration.
Which Post #10/scenario applies to that IOReg?

Actually every one of them, all the changes are done to the same install of MacOs. All I do is apply the changes in clover configurator and reboot, I don't touch anything else.

I hope that answers the question, thanks for answering Sir.

Thanks for the quick reply wildwillow and VoiletDragon, I've tried a couple of things.
First I've tried the patches you guys suggested (for Port 5 and 6 and then for Port 5, 6 and 7), the procedure was: open my config.plist, go to kernel and kext patches, add a new line and copy one by one the values that I find in the same place in the config.plist provided in the post, then save, quit clover configurator and reboot.

This unfortunately did not work for me, maybe I've done something wrong. Apart from that I've played around with some settings, trying to solve this but I didn't have much success.

Here you have everything I've tested:
  • Frame buffers and igplatformid=0x0300220D: I get both displays showing the same picture and no graphics acceleration (4600 shows 7 mb of memory under about this mac).
  • Frame buffers and igplatformid=0: I get my original problem.
  • Frame buffers and changing GFX0 to IGPU to config.plist under ACPI, DSDT, Patches: I get my original problem.
  • Frame buffers, igplatformid=0x0300220D and changing GFX0 to IGPU to config.plist under ACPI, DSDT, Patches: I get both displays showing the same picture and no graphics acceleration (4600 shows 7 mb of memory under about this mac).
  • Only using igplatformid=0x0300220D: I get both displays showing the same picture and no graphics acceleration (4600 shows 7 mb of memory under about this mac).
  • Only using igplatformid=0d220003: I get my original problem where I can see one monitor correctly with full acceleration but the other monitor has the glitch as explained at the beginning of the thread.
  • Only frame buffers: I get my original problem.

It's quite probable that I've done something wrong, let's see if we can solve this thing. Thanks again.

Attach config and ioreg your currently using.

My actual config.plist and IOReg. Thanks.

IGPU is coming under GFX0 which is not correct. You have no ig-platform-id 0x0d220003. Need to add under ACPI, DSDT, Patches in config.

Code:
change GFX0 to IGPU
<47465830>
<49475055>

IGPU is coming under GFX0 which is not correct. You have no ig-platform-id 0x0d220003. Need to add under ACPI, DSDT, Patches in config.

Code:
change GFX0 to IGPU
<47465830>
<49475055>

Here you have both files with that adition. I still have the same problem after the modifications.

Thanks.

Attachments

• LTIOReg4.ioreg
    4.1 MB · Views: 105
  • config.plist
    5.2 KB · Views: 201
Your graphics patches are correct looking at your IOReg. Could you run a couple of tests.

1. Boot both displays, at the desktop choose to use the displays as separate not mirrored.
2. Boot your DVI monitor by itself and see how it looks at the desktop.

What monitors and connections do you use, what resolutions? any adapters?

Your graphics patches are correct looking at your IOReg. Could you run a couple of tests.

1. Boot both displays, at the desktop choose to use the displays as separate not mirrored.
2. Boot your DVI monitor by itself and see how it looks at the desktop.

What monitors and connections do you use, what resolutions? any adapters?

Sorry for the delay, I've been very busy, but I've made some awesome progress!

1) It doesn't matter if I choose to mirror the asus display, benq, or use as independent, if I boot with both displays connected I get the glitch.
2) If I only boot the asus monitor (the one I get the glitch on) alone it works as expected.

My monitors are: benq GW2765 (2560x1440) and asus MX279H (1920x1080).
Benq is connected to the hdmi port on my motherboard and asus is connected by an hdmi to dvi adapter (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZMVGTA2/?tag=tonymacx86com-20) to the dvi port on my motherboard.

My discovery was that if I boot with only the asus monitor and then plug the benq one, I get both displays working correctly.

Update: I also discovered that if I put the pc to sleep when it has the glitch, when it comes back the glitch is gone.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Last edited:
Have a look in your BIOS and make sure that DVMT Pre-alloacted is set to 64MB or higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back