Contribute
Register

Intel HD 4600 Does Not Work (Intel Core i7-4790K on GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD7
CPU
Intel Core i7-4790K
Graphics
EVGA 02G-P4-3757-KR
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am currently trying to get the on-board graphics on my main Hackintosh working. I grabbed a third monitor and I want to offload one to the motherboard and leave two on my EVGA 02G-P4-3757-KR, at least until I grab a second card (for those wondering, the GTX 280 does not play nice with El Capitan). Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to get the Intel HD 4600 functioning at the same time as my EVGA 02G-P4-3757-KR.

When I enable the on-board graphics in the BIOS, any RAM allocation over 128MB will cause the system to fail to boot (generally, it goes to the prohibited sign almost immediately). Allocating 128 or 64MB of RAM results in the system booting, but the graphics being extremely choppy and virtually unusable (i.e., acceleration is clearly not enabled and there are other issues). I have found a lot of instructions relating to the mobile version of the HD 4600, but haven't found anything specific to this processor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am currently trying to get the on-board graphics on my main Hackintosh working. I grabbed a third monitor and I want to offload one to the motherboard and leave two on my EVGA 02G-P4-3757-KR, at least until I grab a second card (for those wondering, the GTX 280 does not play nice with El Capitan). Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to get the Intel HD 4600 functioning at the same time as my EVGA 02G-P4-3757-KR.

When I enable the on-board graphics in the BIOS, any RAM allocation over 128MB will cause the system to fail to boot (generally, it goes to the prohibited sign almost immediately). Allocating 128 or 64MB of RAM results in the system booting, but the graphics being extremely choppy and virtually unusable (i.e., acceleration is clearly not enabled and there are other issues). I have found a lot of instructions relating to the mobile version of the HD 4600, but haven't found anything specific to this processor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

64mb is the correct setting.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Any time I enable the on-board graphics, I get an allocation error during boot and the system immediately hangs and then does the ten-second wait before rebooting. I haven't yet been able to get the system to boot with both the on-board and the discrete graphics enabled.

Any time I enable the on-board graphics, I get an allocation error during boot and the system immediately hangs and then does the ten-second wait before rebooting. I haven't yet been able to get the system to boot with both the on-board and the discrete graphics enabled.

Keep in mind that with dual-GPU, Intel must be set to primary.

When I enable the HD 4600, the computer will not boot.

I set the on-board graphics as the main graphics (which I had done earlier to get the system to boot, but which also resulted in only the on-board graphics working), I set the initial RAM at 64MB, and then booted (successfully) into Clover. From there, I was able to boot my system with all three monitors working (although I had to turn my primary display on and off a few times to get it to display an image instead of static). Thank you for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back