Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SOC Force
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD4600
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Guys

Has anyone come up with a solution to the lack of native Apple support for daisy chaining Display Port (v1.2) monitors on the Intel (4600) GPU?

K

MST is not supported by macOS

is it possible to run three monitors from the HD4600 ? ie. DP, HDMI and DVI

I will need to find HDMI/DVI adapter.. :shifty:

I got Sierra up and running with no fuss, apart from it would KP at shutdown/restart. After trawling through logs I found an error was appearing in the display profile log moaning about DisplayPort MST no longer being supported and the KP mem dump referenced the display driver. Turns out the driver doesn't like DisplayPort v1.2 being enabled on the monitor, turned it off and super stable... I will have to create a proper thread and detail my build experience for others.

I will need to find HDMI/DVI adapter.. :shifty:

I got Sierra up and running with no fuss, apart from it would KP at shutdown/restart. After trawling through logs I found an error was appearing in the display profile log moaning about DisplayPort MST no longer being supported and the KP mem dump referenced the display driver. Turns out the driver doesn't like DisplayPort v1.2 being enabled on the monitor, turned it off and super stable... I will have to create a proper thread and detail my build experience for others.

DP1.2 has mixed results for some. Some people it causes a black screen and some, myself included, it works perfect when enabled on my monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back