Contribute
Register

Intel HD 4400 Desktop Graphics Fix - Full Support for Alternate CPUs in OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having a hard time finding out about Intel HD P4600, which I believe is very similar to the HD 4600 and is, or was, unsupported. Is it worth me trying this, or am I still out of of luck and need to buy a graphics card? Whatever the case, well done! :)

Definitely try it. What is the P4600 device-id?

Will this have any potential impact on plain "Intel HD Graphics" like on G3258 or on Haswell Celeron C2955U or even Bay Trail processors like Z3735F? That would be a MAJOR game changer opening up OSX to tons of machines!

Will this have any potential impact on plain "Intel HD Graphics" like on G3258 or on Haswell Celeron C2955U or even Bay Trail processors like Z3735F? That would be a MAJOR game changer opening up OSX to tons of machines!

They are all GT1 devices, and GT1 support seems lacking in OS X ATM.

Certainly, someone with the hardware could play around with it...

Absolutely great !!! It just works with my i3 4160 on a Gigabyte Z97M-D3H , OSX 10.10.1

Thanks a lot !!!

Does this apply to DESKTOP HD4600 graphics as well?

Thanks, running lspci in Terminal in Ubuntu gives me this:-
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3 Processor Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:041a] (rev 06)

It is GT2. Seems like it is worth trying following post #1.

It is GT2. Seems like it is worth trying following post #1.
Many thanks. Here is where I am at the moment. I installed your kexts and now am wondering about my config.plist. I use Clover rather than Chameleon.

Under <key>FakeID</key> I have added some of my device IDs, including

<key>IntelGFX</key>
<string>0x41a8086</string>

Is that the equivalent of Chameleon's <key>IGPDeviceID</key> <string>0412</string> which Tony refers to? 041a in my case.

Under <key>ig-platform-id</key>
I have tried <string>0000260C</string> and <string>0D220003<string/> and at the time of writing am about to try <string>0x01620006</string>

So far, System Information's Kernel Extension Info is still saying No Kext Loaded

Any suggestions welcome. :)

Many thanks. Here is where I am at the moment. I installed your kexts and now am wondering about my config.plist. I use Clover rather than Chameleon.

Under <key>FakeID</key> I have added some of my device IDs, including

<key>IntelGFX</key>
<string>0x41a8086</string>

Is that the equivalent of Chameleon's <key>IGPDeviceID</key> <string>0412</string> which Tony refers to? 041a in my case.

For Clover, you want: config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x04128086

Injecting 0x41a doesn't make any sense (that ID is not supported by the kext's Info.plist). The idea behind FakeID is to inject a *supported* ID when the native ID is not supported.

And yes, config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x04128086 is the same as org.chameleon.boot.plist/IGPDeviceID=0412.

Under <key>ig-platform-id</key>
I have tried <string>0000260C</string> and <string>0D220003<string/> and at the time of writing am about to try <string>0x01620006</string>

It is probably best to leave it at default (eg. unspecified). Until you discover that it doesn't work anyway...

Note: None of this does anything without config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back