Contribute
Register

Intel HD 4400 Desktop Graphics Fix - Full Support for Alternate CPUs in OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I think my post got knocked down. Anyways.. I could really use a help. I've successfully installed 10.11 on my office pc, copied the fakepciid kext together with the intelhd4600_4400 kext on clover efi and edited the fakeid in clover config to 0x04128086. I've got the right vram in sys pref and right resolution thanks to my dp to hdmi. Problem is, I got no transparency at all. Animations tend to lag its as if it has no graphics acceleration at all.. Help? Thanks..

For what desktop hardware does your issue concern?

There appears to be no desktop hardware details in your profile.

And the hardware in your profile is mobile HD4000 (Ivy Bridge), not desktop HD4400 (Haswell).

For what desktop hardware does your issue concern?

There appears to be no desktop hardware details in your profile.

And the hardware in your profile is mobile HD4000 (Ivy Bridge), not desktop HD4400 (Haswell).

Hmm, it seems that I can't add my Desktop. I get this error when trying to edit my build signiture
"Fatal error: Call to a member function query() on a non-object in /home/tonymac/public_html/custom_functions2014.php on line 34"

Anyways, here's my specs Sir Rehabman:

CPU: Intel Core i3 4150 @ 3.50 (Haswell)
Graphics: Intel HD 4400
Motherboard: Hmm, I don't know. I'm using a Lenovo Thinkcentre E73
Chipset: Intel 8 Series
Network: Realtek RTL8111GN
Built-in sound: Realtek ALC 221 or 211

I get full resolution and correct VRAM which is 1536MB at the moment by using the provided kext at post #1. But it seems that QE/CI are absent since I don't get transparency and opening launchpad is a bit choppy.

I'm currently on my 4th install now since I've messed things up many times just to get the QE/CI running..

Here's my config.plist.. could you check it?

EDIT: Its alive! :D Finally got QE/CI running. :D

Attachments

• config.plist
    4 KB · Views: 292
Hi my Graphics is glitching a lot, like for example if I'm go on to google chrome the background glitches. I'm really new to this and I added the FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext which came from the release folder. I put these into the Clover - Kexts - 10.11 folder and I changed the Intel GFX to the number you provided. I just really want to know if that's right?
Do I change my SMbios in Clover by any chance? I'm a bit confused

Processor: 3.09 GHz Intel Core i5

memory: 8GB 1333 MHz-DDr3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4600

Mottherboard: Gigabyte GA-H81m-SZPV

Hi my Graphics is glitching a lot, like for example if I'm go on to google chrome the background glitches. I'm really new to this and I added the FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext which came from the release folder. I put these into the Clover - Kexts - 10.11 folder and I changed the Intel GFX to the number you provided. I just really want to know if that's right?
Do I change my SMbios in Clover by any chance? I'm a bit confused

Processor: 3.09 GHz Intel Core i5

memory: 8GB 1333 MHz-DDr3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4600

Mottherboard: Gigabyte GA-H81m-SZPV

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Also post config.plist that you're using.

Hi Rehabman

Thanks for doing a pretty good job. Hope you would help me out. Been trying to install El Capitan 10.11.2 on my hackintosh build(specs below). Everything is working fine except for graphics. Used unibeast to install OS X. Followed your instructions in adding
FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext in S/L/E and updating the clover plist with fakeId & ig_platform_id. Have full resolutions but no QE/CI. So lot's of glitches & artefacts. Have attached the clover plist along with ioreg report as well as the clover boot.log where it mentions that Intel GFX injection not set. Waiting for your response. Thanks in advance.

Processor: 3.50 GHz Intel Core i3 4150

Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz-DDr3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4400

Mottherboard: Foxconn-H81MXV

Attachments

• Mustafizur's iMac 14.2.zip
    423.8 KB · Views: 87
Hi Rehabman

Thanks for doing a pretty good job. Hope you would help me out. Been trying to install El Capitan 10.11.2 on my hackintosh build(specs below). Everything is working fine except for graphics. Used unibeast to install OS X. Followed your instructions in adding
FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext in S/L/E and updating the clover plist with fakeId & ig_platform_id. Have full resolutions but no QE/CI. So lot's of glitches & artefacts. Have attached the clover plist along with ioreg report as well as the clover boot.log where it mentions that Intel GFX injection not set. Waiting for your response. Thanks in advance.

Processor: 3.50 GHz Intel Core i3 4150

Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz-DDr3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4400

Mottherboard: Foxconn-H81MXV

Your ioreg shows no ig-platform-id injected.

And your config.plist specifies an incorrect ig-platform-id (0x0166000a is for Ivy/HD4000, not Haswell/HD4400). Remove it... the default 0x0d220003 works for most desktop configurations.

Remove also config.plist/Devices/AddProperties, Devices/NoDefaultProperties

Hi Rehabman

Thanks for pitching in. I am at work right now. Will put your suggestions to test when I get back. Once again appreciate your feedback.

Your ioreg shows no ig-platform-id injected.And your config.plist specifies an incorrect ig-platform-id (0x0166000a is for Ivy/HD4000, not Haswell/HD4400). Remove it... the default 0x0d220003 works for most desktop configurations.Remove also config.plist/Devices/AddProperties, Devices/NoDefaultProperties
Sorry to report this, but no such luck, as I am still experiencing the same result. Followed your instructions to the letter. As I mentioned earlier the Clover boot.log still shows Intel GFX injection not set. Hope you can shed some light or suggest other interventions. Fingers crossed. To help you out once again attaching my Clover Directory along with another ioreg report and the latest Cover boot.log. Ignore the first upload.

Attachments

• Mustafizur's iMac 14.2 v2.zip
    7.5 MB · Views: 83
  • Mustafizur's iMac 14.2 v2.zip
    7.9 MB · Views: 66
Sorry to report this, but no such luck, as I am still experiencing the same result. Followed your instructions to the letter. As I mentioned earlier the Clover boot.log still shows Intel GFX injection not set. Hope you can shed some light or suggest other interventions. Fingers crossed. To help you out once again attaching my Clover Directory along with another ioreg report and the latest Cover boot.log. Ignore the first upload.

No idea which is the "first upload". Remove "mistaken" attachment.

No idea which is the "first upload". Remove "mistaken" attachment.

Hi Rehabman

Download the v2 one. BTW, should I go for a new install. Any suggestion, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back