Contribute
Register

Intel HD 4400 Desktop Graphics Fix - Full Support for Alternate CPUs in OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks fine... but the accelerator kext (AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext) is not loading. It means you either deleted it, or it is corrupt (eg. you replaced it with an old version or something), or you need to boot without caches and rebuild cache.

If in doubt, use the OS X installer to refresh your kexts.

I tried the following steps:
1. Boot without cache: using the flag "UseKernelCache=No" via Clover option before starting
2. Rebuild cache using this command: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && kextcache -u /

But the result seems not so good as below:
Code:
hongs-iMac:~ hongluu$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && kextcache -u /
Warning: non-root can't lock the volume for /
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext RealtekRTL8111.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
Can't create /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel.A8CK - Permission denied.
Child process /usr/sbin/kextcache[439] exited with status 70.
Error 107 rebuilding /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel

It's quite strange that HD4600_HD4400.kext still existed even I deleted it from Extra\Extensions before.

Do you have any further suggestions?

Thank you.

It looks fine... but the accelerator kext (AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext) is not loading. It means you either deleted it, or it is corrupt (eg. you replaced it with an old version or something), or you need to boot without caches and rebuild cache.

If in doubt, use the OS X installer to refresh your kexts.

Oh I just searched AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext in the whole system and found out it was missing as you commented. There would be accident during patching kexts.

I installed it again manually from OSX installer and now everything works fine ^^

Thank you so much for supporting. You're great guy :)

what do u mean by rebuild caches? please reply 'cause I'm new to this world of hackintosh

what do u mean by rebuild caches? please reply 'cause I'm new to this world of hackintosh

In Terminal, as recommended by Apple documentation:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Please tell me that will it work with any version of os x 10.10 or there are any restrictions?:)

sorry for that:p.Well, I meant that is there any particular version of os x with which this fix will work? or we could use this fix with any version.

sorry for that:p.Well, I meant that is there any particular version of os x with which this fix will work? or we could use this fix with any version.

This fix applies to all versions of OS X that support Haswell graphics (arrived in 10.8.5, I think).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back