Contribute
Register

Intel HD 4400 Desktop Graphics Fix - Full Support for Alternate CPUs in OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi - I am running a Multibeast install of Yosemite 10.10.3 on a H97N Wifi / i3-4130t system. Graphics work but are very flickery and jerky. I have followed the instructions in the original post to try and remedy this, but to no effect. Having read the entire thread and not being able to find any clues on how to make this work, I am posting some files in the hope that someone (RehabMan hello :)) might be able to help me out. Here are the files:
- org.chameleon.Boot.plist
- Output of ioreg (Mac Pro.zip)
- Screenshot of the graphics section of the System Report

Appreciate any assistance! Thanks

Attachments

• Mac Pro.zip
    306.1 KB · Views: 75
  • Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at 7.44.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at 7.44.27 PM.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 88
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    724 bytes · Views: 241
Hi - I am running a Multibeast install of Yosemite 10.10.3 on a H97N Wifi / i3-4130t system. Graphics work but are very flickery and jerky. I have followed the instructions in the original post to try and remedy this, but to no effect. Having read the entire thread and not being able to find any clues on how to make this work, I am posting some files in the hope that someone (RehabMan hello :)) might be able to help me out. Here are the files:
- org.chameleon.Boot.plist
- Output of ioreg (Mac Pro.zip)
- Screenshot of the graphics section of the System Report

Appreciate any assistance! Thanks

You need to install the FakePCIID kexts. Read post #1.

You need to install the FakePCIID kexts. Read post #1.
Yes - I did that before posting my message to the board. I followed the instructions in the first post exactly - downloaded the kexts, put the "release" versions of the two kexts you named on my desktop and ran KextBeast. Then Edited org.chameleon.Boot.plist, rebuilt caches using Disk Utliity "repair permissions".Still the same result. Any suggestions for how I can troubleshoot this?

I did at one point get a system error message after successfully running kextbeast saying that the kexts were not installed properly, but i reran kextbeast and didn't get the message again.

Yes - I did that before posting my message to the board. I followed the instructions in the first post exactly - downloaded the kexts, put the "release" versions of the two kexts you named on my desktop and ran KextBeast. Then Edited org.chameleon.Boot.plist, rebuilt caches using Disk Utliity "repair permissions".Still the same result. Any suggestions for how I can troubleshoot this?

I did at one point get a system error message after successfully running kextbeast saying that the kexts were not installed properly, but i reran kextbeast and didn't get the message again.

The kexts are not installed correctly. I like to use Kext Wizard (it is better at setting the correct permissions).

Repair permissions, reboot without cache, rebuild cache, reboot.

The kexts are not installed correctly. I like to use Kext Wizard (it is better at setting the correct permissions).

Repair permissions, reboot without cache, rebuild cache, reboot.

Awesome, that did the trick. Didn't even have to rebuild the cache. Thanks for this, its' awesome

Rehab I install fakeicc on ga-z97-hd3 and I'm not able to boot I get half black and half white screen.
The only way I'm able to boot is by doing -x -no-zp
Or with the unibeast usb. I want to use stock 4600 intel. I install multibeast . Thanks for the help my friend

No idea what fakeicc is. Not sure if you mean FakeSMC.kext, or FakePCIID.kext.

Intel HD4600 desktop works without FakePCIID kexts.

HD4600 desktop requirements:
- DVMT-prealloc set to 64mb in BIOS
- VT-d disabled in BIOS
- IGPU as primary
- digital connection to monitor (DVI/HDMI/DP, not VGA)
- ig-platform-id injection (Chimera: IGPEnabler=Yes)

Note: That is for Yosemite

Hi! Fantastic work supporting people! I am having some problems that this install did not solve and maybe you van help me. Frequent slow down and very slow reboot; strange visual effects on reboot during 10 seconds; no sound on HDMI.

I attach here the ioreg. I would love to have a solution. Many thanks!

Kafky

Attachments

• Rocha’s Computer.ioreg
    2.4 MB · Views: 65
Hi! Fantastic work supporting people! I am having some problems that this install did not solve and maybe you van help me. Frequent slow down and very slow reboot; strange visual effects on reboot during 10 seconds; no sound on HDMI.

I attach here the ioreg. I would love to have a solution. Many thanks!

Kafky

Power management is not implemented. Read here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...vericks-native-cpu-igpu-power-management.html (Yosemite is same as Mavericks).

Glitch on boot, read here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/145308-fix-resolve-boot-screen-garble.html

HDMI audio forum: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/

No idea what fakeicc is. Not sure if you mean FakeSMC.kext, or FakePCIID.kext.

Intel HD4600 desktop works without FakePCIID kexts.

HD4600 desktop requirements:
- DVMT-prealloc set to 64mb in BIOS
- VT-d disabled in BIOS
- IGPU as primary
- digital connection to monitor (DVI/HDMI/DP, not VGA)
- ig-platform-id injection (Chimera: IGPEnabler=Yes)

Note: That is for Yosemite

Hey Buddy, this is almost working for me. Intel HD is working almost! I have a crystal clear Screen but sadly my Hackintosh freezes after a while.

Before i saw your post i had your both fakeid's installed which i removed from S/L/E and used KExtWizard to repair persmission and rebuild cache.

Any Advice what to do ? Basically its working. It is just freezing and I dont know why …

Hey Buddy, this is almost working for me. Intel HD is working almost! I have a crystal clear Screen but sadly my Hackintosh freezes after a while.

Before i saw your post i had your both fakeid's installed which i removed from S/L/E and used KExtWizard to repair persmission and rebuild cache.

Any Advice what to do ? Basically its working. It is just freezing and I dont know why …

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back