Contribute
Register

Intel HD 4400 Desktop Graphics Fix - Full Support for Alternate CPUs in OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Seem to be having problems getting this to work on my i3 4160 Gigabyte GAH97N build. I installed the kexts but every time I boot with the
Code:
IGPDeviceId=0412 Bootflag
I get a kernel crash. the backtrace says it has to do with the com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily(3.2) thing. Which seems totally unrelated. verbose mode is even less useful only telling me

Code:
BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kextd

And the (CPU3) Frame : return Address and a bunch of deadbeef

Im using yosemite and can boot without the IGPDeviceId.

Any thoughts?

What is the output of:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat

This morning I am locked out. I have tried every bios setting that I can think of in the very limited bios options. I can remove the hard drive, put it in a usb caddy and work on it from there from another computer. In case it's anything obvious that I haven't been able to figure out, I include pic of the verbose. About two minutes after taking the pi, 'Resetting IOCatalogue' came up but it doesn't get past that. Any thoughts welcome. Thank you so much for your help so far. I found a lot of people in my searches who were convinced what you seem to have achieved couldn't be done.

Not a graphics issue...

"Waiting for DSMOS" without a corresponding "DSMOS has arrived" implies that FakeSMC is missing or not loading.

Thanks for the quick reply. Im not really sure how useful this will be Im certainly completely lost by what this means but here it is

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]   12    1 0xffffff7f80add000 0x5f000    0x5f000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <11 10 7 6 5 4 3 1>[/FONT]

Hope thats helpful Again thanks

Thanks for the quick reply. Im not really sure how useful this will be Im certainly completely lost by what this means but here it is

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]   12    1 0xffffff7f80add000 0x5f000    0x5f000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <11 10 7 6 5 4 3 1>[/FONT]

Hope thats helpful Again thanks

I was just making sure you didn't have a rollback.

Have you tried to repair permissions & rebuild cache? Also of a photo of the issue would be helpful.

The screen images show progress, but are inconclusive.

When you get a chance...

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply to an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.
Thank you for your patience with me and help. Here are the requested ioreg, and also the patchamatic and config.plist, if helpful. It's still showing up in About This Mac / Overview as "Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB" and Intel i7, 3.19GHz, where really it's a quad core XEON without hyper threading.

Attachments

• Detosx IOReg Lenovo TS140.zip
    453 KB · Views: 169
  • RehabMan.zip
    36.9 KB · Views: 186
  • config.plist.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 227
  • System Report capture.tiff
    85.4 KB · Views: 236
Thank you for your patience with me and help. Here are the requested ioreg, and also the patchamatic and config.plist, if helpful. It's still showing up in About This Mac / Overview as "Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB"

The ioreg shows QE/CI working... both AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext and AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext are loaded and working.

Consider it confirmed: P4600 works with this method.

and Intel i7, 3.19GHz, where really it's a quad core XEON without hyper threading.

Off-topic. Really a bootloader/SMBIOS issue, unrelated to graphics.

Hi all,

As documented in this thread (http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-support/156916-cant-get-installer-all-msi-h97.html) I'm trying to install Yosemite on a MSI H97/i3-4150 build. I saw that Tony had some success with an i3-4150 so I decided to try this. I am sad to report that it did not help me with my problem at all (or even change the problem... so frustrating) and I am still not able to get past the loading kexts stage.

My 1 question would be, since the instructions are a little unclear, are you supposed to put in all the kexts in the release folder for FakePCIID, or just the ones that apply to you? I put just the three (main, 4400/4660 and HDMI) I thought applied to my build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back