Contribute
Register

intel HD 4000 on 7 series mb (HM76) show 5mb VRAM!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try 0x01660009 to 0x0166000a

Can I chime in??

I had this exact same problem, for whatever reason I just cant get it to work with clover.

Using the Unibeast tool and chimera and me typing in IGPlatformID=01660004 works for me everytime, qi/ce and also shows 1024 video memory.

Actually I tried this ID before .. but maybe cuz I patched my DSDT with 1660009 instead of 1660004 and in the same time I injected IntelGFX ID = 1660009 so this made mavericks confuse .. I don't know! Will try again this but till now I didn't make any success in this problem specially with Clover .. now I finally could boot in legacy boot and use Chameleon and will check now your advice :)

Hello again everybody!! After relaxing some time and working on linux instead of Mavericks as my HD 4000 didn't work in full acceleration .. I decided to give it a try again and again .. I did a lot like patching my DSDT in many ways and many IDs for my device revision ID (3, 4, 9, a) all of them the same result .. this what you see in picture .. I patched my "AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext" with many LVDS connector numbers and here what I got:
05 03 00 00 02 00 00 00 30 02 00 00: this what I use now in the attached pic means resolution is right just
colours as you see!!!!
05 03 00 00 02 00 00 00 30 00 00 00: this make screen stretched really big and I just see my left side of
desktop and and distorted!!!
01 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 30 00 00 00: this didn't work actually .. just black screen and I am not sure if other
ports work or no cuz I don't have external screen to try on.
01 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 30 02 00 00: the same as previous one just didn't work .. but really I feel mac
works in background but I can't be sure :(
Then I decided to disable all other ports like HDMI, VGA and DVI and I searched for all numbers of these ports and just converted them to Zero's ... so I will be sure that I have only one port work (LVDS) .. and again I patched my DSDT with many patches ... this one of Rehabman and I modified the revision ID and Dual Link also one time enabled and one disabled ... but all of this didn't work ... I mean some just make screen goes black and some made it as you see in picture ... but now I have the card fully accelerated and work with 1024 mb VRAM as you maybe can see from attached pic ...

So now what does this suppose to be?!!!! what is the reason for such problem of colours .. greenish and and look like negative of film or something ... what else I should do or which file I should modify again ...
one more note: I noticed that "AppleGraphicsPowerManagment.kext" not loaded at all .. I know there must be 3 kext to be loaded to card will work fine.. one of them the AGPM :( which doesn't load.. maybe this is a reason?!!
Please someone think with me and give me some direction to start again :( :(

Attachments

• DSC02649.jpg
    DSC02649.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 223
Hello again everybody!! After relaxing some time and working on linux instead of Mavericks as my HD 4000 didn't work in full acceleration .. I decided to give it a try again and again .. I did a lot like patching my DSDT in many ways and many IDs for my device revision ID (3, 4, 9, a) all of them the same result .. this what you see in picture .. I patched my "AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext" with many LVDS connector numbers and here what I got:
05 03 00 00 02 00 00 00 30 02 00 00: this what I use now in the attached pic means resolution is right just
colours as you see!!!!
05 03 00 00 02 00 00 00 30 00 00 00: this make screen stretched really big and I just see my left side of
desktop and and distorted!!!
01 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 30 00 00 00: this didn't work actually .. just black screen and I am not sure if other
ports work or no cuz I don't have external screen to try on.
01 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 30 02 00 00: the same as previous one just didn't work .. but really I feel mac
works in background but I can't be sure :(
Then I decided to disable all other ports like HDMI, VGA and DVI and I searched for all numbers of these ports and just converted them to Zero's ... so I will be sure that I have only one port work (LVDS) .. and again I patched my DSDT with many patches ... this one of Rehabman and I modified the revision ID and Dual Link also one time enabled and one disabled ... but all of this didn't work ... I mean some just make screen goes black and some made it as you see in picture ... but now I have the card fully accelerated and work with 1024 mb VRAM as you maybe can see from attached pic ...

So now what does this suppose to be?!!!! what is the reason for such problem of colours .. greenish and and look like negative of film or something ... what else I should do or which file I should modify again ...
one more note: I noticed that "AppleGraphicsPowerManagment.kext" not loaded at all .. I know there must be 3 kext to be loaded to card will work fine.. one of them the AGPM :( which doesn't load.. maybe this is a reason?!!
Please someone think with me and give me some direction to start again :( :(

What are the specs of your laptop? Please update your profile/signature to include details on your laptop.

What are the specs of your laptop? Please update your profile/signature to include details on your laptop.

My laptop is Samsung np550p5c-s03ae which has: core i7-3630QM, 8 GB RAM 1600MHz, Nvidia GT 650m (which will not work cuz of Optimus), and some other specs which work with some few tweaks :) my HD 4000 has rev. 9 (0x01660009).

Attachments

• ohotnik’s Mac mini.ioreg
    6.2 MB · Views: 99
  • org.chameleon.boot.plist
    1 KB · Views: 269
My laptop is Samsung np550p5c-s03ae which has: core i7-3630QM, 8 GB RAM 1600MHz, Nvidia GT 650m (which will not work cuz of Optimus), and some other specs which work with some few tweaks :) my HD 4000 has rev. 9 (0x01660009).

I suspected it was a Samsung. Some of these Samsungs are problematic with the way the display is connected/configured. I don't believe there is a known solution. Good luck.

:cry::cry: Well, what about LVDS connector numbers .. Do you have any information about these numbers and what they act for exactly maybe I can modify one of them :( .... and in general such problem of colour is due to what?!! due to DSDT or LVDS connection number wrong or due to what exactly so I can focus my efforts on this particular part :(

:cry::cry: Well, what about LVDS connector numbers .. Do you have any information about these numbers and what they act for exactly maybe I can modify one of them :( .... and in general such problem of colour is due to what?!! due to DSDT or LVDS connection number wrong or due to what exactly so I can focus my efforts on this particular part :(

You might take a look at this thread, where cwk9852 ran into what I believe are the same issues: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-laptop-support/112848-samsung-series-5-10-8-5-a.html

As far as I know, he did not resolve it.

OK I will check this now but did you please review my DSDT and my IOReg file .. I mean everything is fine or something wrong I made .. :)!! and is it right to disable all ports like HDMI/DVI/DP in FramebufferCapri.kext or this can cuz problems?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back