Contribute
Register

intel HD 4000 on 7 series mb (HM76) show 5mb VRAM!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya actually this what I noticed when I save as it tells me the errors or warning .. the same does compile key .. just I thought it has some other uses :) >>>> OK one more question! why each time I open the MaciASL it open for me a DSDT that not patched at all .. I mean it generates it from scratch or it should open the edited one that I made last time.. because till now I patch my file in right way but I feel it doesn't really make any changes after i reboot the OS .. I put the patched file in extra and replaced the old one and put also in patched folder under clover.. BUT STILL READ 5 mb VRAM ... NO QE/QI AT ALL :(

Ya actually this what I noticed when I save as it tells me the errors or warning .. the same does compile key .. just I thought it has some other uses :) >>>> OK one more question! why each time I open the MaciASL it open for me a DSDT that not patched at all .. I mean it generates it from scratch or it should open the edited one that I made last time.. because till now I patch my file in right way but I feel it doesn't really make any changes after i reboot the OS .. I put the patched file in extra and replaced the old one and put also in patched folder under clover.. BUT STILL READ 5 mb VRAM ... NO QE/QI AT ALL :(

If you use Clover, put your dsdt.aml to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched on your EFI partition. Maciasl will open your current DSDT, so I think DSDT is not injected properly. Please post your /Library/Logs/CloverEFI/boot.log here (and your config.plist too)

Ya I think so also but I tried to inject it and couldn't or didn't know how ... and I put already patched file in that directory in Clover. Here are my files you asked for :confused:

Attachments

• boot.log
    14.3 KB · Views: 123
  • config.plist
    2.4 KB · Views: 264
Ya I think so also but I tried to inject it and couldn't or didn't know how ... and I put already patched file in that directory in Clover. Here are my files you asked for :confused:

You drop all OEM _DSM in DSDT, I think that's why. Try this.

Attachments

• config.plist
    3 KB · Views: 302
You removed "FakeID" for Intel HD 4000?! now actually the Apple Logo screen just loading and loading and then freeze after maybe 4 min and doesn't boot ... so I rebooted again and went to Graphic Unit and set FakeID for Intel HD 4000 then it booted again ... !!!!

You removed "FakeID" for Intel HD 4000?! now actually the Apple Logo screen just loading and loading and then freeze after maybe 4 min and doesn't boot ... so I rebooted again and went to Graphic Unit and set FakeID for Intel HD 4000 then it booted again ... !!!!

So you need FakeID instead of "ig-platform-id"? I see that you injected Fake ID 0x01660009 while RehabMan DSDT patches injected "ig-platform-id" 0x01660004. Something confusing here?

Btw, have you checked MacIASL to see if the DSDT is injected correctly?

Ya without FakeID it doesnt boot just freeze after apple logo and about DSDT of RehabMan i also changed this id-platform from 0004 to 0009 cuz this is my HD 4000 type. But was not enough alone means FakeID is a must :oops: i come back to ML again now cuz Mavericks not for me after 4 days a lot of efforts and dont even eat or sleep well cuz of it :cry:

Please guys really I can't anymore to work on this HD 4000 with 5mb VRAM if anyone has any solution .. I tried a lot really... patched my DSDT with HD 4000 hi resolution and didn't work and I became sure that it was patched from IOReg already but it didn't affect and I noticed in patch it was for 0x01660004 with DualLink=1 and I made it 0x01660009 but also didn't affect .. I searched for any .kext online for my HD 4000 on Mavericks and for 7 series mobo but didn't fine (mobo HM76) .. I reinstalled Mavericks really many times .. so if anyway has any ideas I will appreciate this REALLY!!! :banghead:

NOW I have fresh installed Mavericks .. didn't patch anything yet .. waiting for new ideas .. just installed boot loader "Clover" and installed Audio and Network .. and both work fine ... and boot process is just fine without any boot options .. just Graphic Card :(

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 18.47.14.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 18.47.14.png
    77.9 KB · Views: 315
  • Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 18.47.57.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 18.47.57.png
    88.4 KB · Views: 339
Please guys really I can't anymore to work on this HD 4000 with 5mb VRAM if anyone has any solution .. I tried a lot really... patched my DSDT with HD 4000 hi resolution and didn't work and I became sure that it was patched from IOReg already but it didn't affect and I noticed in patch it was for 0x01660004 with DualLink=1 and I made it 0x01660009 but also didn't affect .. I searched for any .kext online for my HD 4000 on Mavericks and for 7 series mobo but didn't fine (mobo HM76) .. I reinstalled Mavericks really many times .. so if anyway has any ideas I will appreciate this REALLY!!! :banghead:

NOW I have fresh installed Mavericks .. didn't patch anything yet .. waiting for new ideas .. just installed boot loader "Clover" and installed Audio and Network .. and both work fine ... and boot process is just fine without any boot options .. just Graphic Card :(

Take a look here, he changed 0x01660009 to 0x01660003 and 0x01660004 and it works.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...el-hd4000-w-63mb-ram-w-qeci-ml-and-mavericks/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back