Contribute
Register

intel HD 4000 on 7 series mb (HM76) show 5mb VRAM!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is your goal? Dual boot windows and 10.9 I presume? You need to start from scratch and do a legacy install of windows. Easy way is to remove the efi folder and bootx64.efi file from your USB windows installation mediaRehabmans blog (in his signature) has a multiboot guide. Follow it exactly to the letter you will need a third Linux USB (ubuntu) to set up your NTFS partition, read slowly and carefully. If windows install tries to make more partitions something is not right.

no no man I don't need windows at all .. it is SSD 120GB and I wanted to install only mac 10.9 on it that's all .. and my goal is to have my boot loader installed on that SSD not on USB and also to not modify its options every single time i boot or reboot the mac. :)

Okay tell me in DPCI Manager what does it
say your hard drive is 512 or 4092 sector size ? I recommend chameleon or chimera why are you using clover?

about DPCI Manager it reads 512 sectors ... and about clover just because non of Chameleon or Chimera worked for me .. I want to boot in UEFI and they don't let me boot and actually nothing goes to EFI partition of my Macintosh HD. but clover I just install on USB then copy-paste to EFI (200mb) of my GPT HD.

about DPCI Manager it reads 512 sectors ... and about clover just because non of Chameleon or Chimera worked for me .. I want to boot in UEFI and they don't let me boot and actually nothing goes to EFI partition of my Macintosh HD. but clover I just install on USB then copy-paste to EFI (200mb) of my GPT HD.

Why do you want to boot using UEFI?

hmm because what I know is you can't boot GPT in legacy bios ... ya?!! and if not then I agree to boot in legacy bios with any boot loader but how? :)

hmm because what I know is you can't boot GPT in legacy bios ... ya?!! and if not then I agree to boot in legacy bios with any boot loader but how? :)

Legacy can boot MBR or GPT/Hybrid MBR. It can't boot GPT/Protective MBR though.

Follow Migrate from Chimera/Chameleon to Clover guide here (except the config.plist part, just copy your current config.plist, and move your SSDT too)
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html

If you don't choose to install Clover UEFI, it will install legacy Clover instead, and no changes in EFI partition.

It really depends on the BIOS. For example, The ProBook can boot a pure GPT in legacy mode, but my desktop BIOS cannot boot to GPT or GPT/MBR hybrid unless UEFI is enabled (even though booting legacy).

Follow Migrate from Chimera/Chameleon to Clover guide here (except the config.plist part, just copy your current config.plist, and move your SSDT too)
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html

If you don't choose to install Clover UEFI, it will install legacy Clover instead, and no changes in EFI partition.

Thank you very much nguyenmac .. your article was really helpful now I boot in UEFI only and without any USB finally and without make all the time these modification in boot options as I modified already the config.plist file and set system definitions and injected the intel HD 4000 and set its ID and ports and everything and put already my patched DSDT in APCI>Patched folder but actually it didn't affect my graphic card .. I mean till now it reads 5 mb VRAM although I set in config.plist the VRAM for HD 4000 is 1024 ... but will try again now ...

RehabMan .... Thank you very much for your efforts with me and your care about my problem ... due to you I learned a lot really and read a lot of your threads here in Tonymacx86 .... I appreciate your efforts so much ...

I will try to patch again my DSDT carefully and will see .. but I wanted to ask about what is the use of compile button in MaciASL .. I mean should someone compile his DSDT before saving it or in what we should compile or when? and does compiling DSDT can be instead of rebooting the system so changes will take effects??!!!!!!!

Thank you very much nguyenmac .. your article was really helpful now I boot in UEFI only and without any USB finally and without make all the time these modification in boot options as I modified already the config.plist file and set system definitions and injected the intel HD 4000 and set its ID and ports and everything and put already my patched DSDT in APCI>Patched folder but actually it didn't affect my graphic card .. I mean till now it reads 5 mb VRAM although I set in config.plist the VRAM for HD 4000 is 1024 ... but will try again now ...

RehabMan .... Thank you very much for your efforts with me and your care about my problem ... due to you I learned a lot really and read a lot of your threads here in Tonymacx86 .... I appreciate your efforts so much ...

I will try to patch again my DSDT carefully and will see .. but I wanted to ask about what is the use of compile button in MaciASL .. I mean should someone compile his DSDT before saving it or in what we should compile or when? and does compiling DSDT can be instead of rebooting the system so changes will take effects??!!!!!!!

The compile button is so you can test the compile before saving and correct any errors. It is a little more friendly than getting the errors at save time. But saving to ACPI Machine Lang Binary (AML) involves compiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back