Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all,

I'm trying to get acceleration and proper display running on my Asus P8Z77-V LK using the onboard graphics. First, it showed up as Intel HD 2500 with 16MB memory. After using the EFI-string injection method, it was recognised as HD 4000 with 0MB memory.

I tried a different string in the boot.plist file in an attempt to have the proper amount of memory recognised and now have a white screen unless safe booting. When safe booted, typing in the account password loads the desktop wallpaper as for a second display. I can make the mouse pointer appear by bringing it over from the left and am able to change the wallpaper on this display by right-clicking. This is on DVI and none of the other outputs have signal.

Of course, everything else is somewhere off-screen so fixing the problem is basically impossible. Does anyone have any ideas short of re-installing the OS?

Thanks.

Intel Core i5 3570 has HD2500 and is not supported by OSX get a cheap graphics card or swap the CPU with HD4000.

jep, there's a difference between i5-3570 (HD 2500) and i5-3570K (HD 4000). So unless you got the K version you need to follow MiniITX's suggestions...

Intel Core i5 3570 has HD2500 and is not supported by OSX get a cheap graphics card or swap the CPU with HD4000.

Oh dear. How embarrassing.

I've been out today and bought an i7 3770 as originally planned. Managed to get the HD 4000 graphics working using the EFI-string injection method, but with some problems.

It turns out 01660000 works when I change the memory in the BIOS to 96MB, but my monitor has scrambled display on DVI until I connect the DisplayPort connection and disconnect DVI. Everything is lovely through the DisplayPort until I restart, then the process must be repeated.

Starting up with just DisplayPort connected sends the monitor to power saving mode once OS X loads.

Apologies for the stupid error, any further ideas on how to keep my motherboard's connectors from wearing out? Thanks.

With new Multibeast HD4000 should work OOB without any strings, having said that for some people HD4000 only works using those strings.

Check the BIOS and make sure

Graphics - IGPU
Graphics memory - 64MB
Vd-T - Disabled (If you find it in the BIOS)

Use the latest multibeast for ML and run it again and reboot.

my monitor has scrambled display on DVI until I connect the DisplayPort connection and disconnect DVI. Everything is lovely through the DisplayPort until I restart, then the process must be repeated.

Put something like this in your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1200x32</string>

Ensure that you use a resolution supported by your display though.

With new Multibeast HD4000 should work OOB without any strings, having said that for some people HD4000 only works using those strings.

Graphics - IGPU
Graphics memory - 64MB

Thank you very much for your help, that seems to have worked. I couldn't find Vd-T in the BIOS, but adding the resolution to boot.plist appears to have done the trick.

The only problem now is the mouse pointer has mysteriously vanished. It still works, I just can't see it. At times the top of a very thin vertical line of red pixels functions as the mouse pointer, other times nothing at all except changing shades of button as the pointer passes over.

I appreciate all your help so far; any thoughts on this occurrence?

Graphics - IGPU
Graphics memory - 64MB

The Asrock Z77E-ITX does not work out of the box with HD4000 and the new multibeast (at least not for me); had to use one of the EFI injection strings.. AND set to 32MB shared.. 64 causes a KP.. go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back