Graphics
Intel HD 3000 x0116
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
is there any guide to get VGA port working? so far HDMI is working great (no audio but no problem)

There is a patch that enables both HDMI audio and VGA. I should note that the VGA patch is flakey and tends to cause issues for HDMI. Better to use an HDMI->VGA adapter.

The patch is present in my example config.plist files: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config

Frankly,Rehabman's example config.plist doesn't work on my laptop(lenovo x220), following is mine, take it as reference, BTW, you have to use google to translate my post into english.

http://www.yekki.me/enable-hd3000-vga-port-in-yosemite/

Frankly,Rehabman's example config.plist doesn't work on my laptop(lenovo x220), following is mine, take it as reference, BTW, you have to use google to translate my post into english.

http://www.yekki.me/enable-hd3000-vga-port-in-yosemite/

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Hi, i have a problem with my VGA port

My external display permanently detected as plugged in, even after i unplugged it

Tried to re-detect display, but nothing happen

how to fix this?
Thanks

Hi, i have a problem with my VGA port

My external display permanently detected as plugged in, even after i unplugged it

Tried to re-detect display, but nothing happen

how to fix this?
Thanks

VGA is always flakey even with HD3000 (which requires patches).

Use HDMI with active HDMI -> VGA adapter instead.

Undo the patch for VGA (eg. use just HDMI audio patch).

VGA is always flakey even with HD3000 (which requires patches).

Use HDMI with active HDMI -> VGA adapter instead.

Undo the patch for VGA (eg. use just HDMI audio patch).

have you find another problem other than this?

Do you have any idea to manually remove external display without restarting, "KillAll" something maybe?

I need the patch to enable VGA port + HDMI audio, so i guess i'll keep it enabled for my HDMI audio

I have HDMI -> VGA adapter, by the way

just curious :p

have you find another problem other than this?

Do you have any idea to manually remove external display without restarting, "KillAll" something maybe?

I need the patch to enable VGA port + HDMI audio, so i guess i'll keep it enabled for my HDMI audio

I have HDMI -> VGA adapter, by the way

just curious :p

I don't understand the question.

I don't understand the question.

Sorry for my english

What i found so far, i need to manually open display preferences, press option, and detect display, to make my external display works --> no problem for me
The problem is, when i remove my external display, it still detected as plugged in (the display preferences still shows it), until i reboot. Now this is problem. Is there anyway to remove external display without rebooting?

Also, have you found another problem?

I know, i already read your suggestion and bought vga->hdmi, i just curious, maybe i can use my vga port without it

Sorry for my english

What i found so far, i need to manually open display preferences, press option, and detect display, to make my external display works --> no problem for me
The problem is, when i remove my external display, it still detected as plugged in (the display preferences still shows it), until i reboot. Now this is problem. Is there anyway to remove external display without rebooting?

VGA is unreliable, not recommended. Suggest: ignore it. Use HDMI->VGA adapter instead. Still don't expect it to be perfect. Apple products do not have VGA ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back