Dell XPS 9550
CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
HD 530, GTX 960M
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I try to get the HDMI Output working on my Dell Inspiron N7110 but with SMBIOS of 8.1 til to 8.3 I don't get any Output from it. I tried to patch myself the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext but with this I also didn't get any Output. I changed the Value in the Kext from 03040000 00040000 to 03040000 00080000 but I don't if I have to edit more to get it working. I hope someone can help me with that or show me what I did wrong that it is not working.

I have also attached my Problem Reporting Files.

Thank your for the help.

Attachments

• Problem_Reporting.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 49
Hello,

I try to get the HDMI Output working on my Dell Inspiron N7110 but with SMBIOS of 8.1 til to 8.3 I don't get any Output from it. I tried to patch myself the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext but with this I also didn't get any Output. I changed the Value in the Kext from 03040000 00040000 to 03040000 00080000 but I don't if I have to edit more to get it working. I hope someone can help me with that or show me what I did wrong that it is not working.

I have also attached my Problem Reporting Files.

Thank your for the help.

What kind of "HDMI output"? Audio? Video?
And your ioreg is corrupt.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

The Output for Video and Audio isn't working. I will provide tomorrow an new IOReg File. I also have to test if the VGA Port is also working because I also have one. I have your patch active in the config.plist but I didn't test it yet.

Thanks.

The Output for Video and Audio isn't working. I will provide tomorrow an new IOReg File. I also have to test if the VGA Port is also working because I also have one. I have your patch active in the config.plist but I didn't test it yet.

Thanks.

VGA patch not recommended (and the way you have the patches arranged in config.plist, it is not effective anyway...)

I know that my setup is not perfect now because I am still testing to get the Laptop to work. I have now attached an new IOReg which is hopefully OK.

Attachments

• ioreg.zip
    446.3 KB · Views: 79
I know that my setup is not perfect now because I am still testing to get the Laptop to work. I have now attached an new IOReg which is hopefully OK.

Need all "Problem Reporting" files and a detailed description of the problem.

I have attached now the complete Problem Reporting Files. The Problem is that when I plug an Monitor into an HDMI Port then it isn't recognized and also with different SMBIOS it is also not detected.

Attachments

• Problem_Reporting.zip
    2 MB · Views: 42
I have attached now the complete Problem Reporting Files. The Problem is that when I plug an Monitor into an HDMI Port then it isn't recognized and also with different SMBIOS it is also not detected.

You forgot kextcache output...

Check in Windows to be certain your HDMI port is connected to HD3000 and not Nvidia.
Your profile/signature has no information on any Sandy Bridge laptop. Please fix (as per FAQ).

I forgot this to add but I have executed it in the Terminal. I will do tomorrow an reinistallation with Windows. Can you tell me where I can see to which GPU the HDMI is connected in Windows?

I know this is Off Topic but I had added my two Systems in the Signature as it is written in your FAQ but I got banned for this because I don't know what was wrong about that.

Can you tell me where I can see to which GPU the HDMI is connected in Windows?

Display properties (right click on desktop).

I know this is Off Topic but I had added my two Systems in the Signature as it is written in your FAQ but I got banned for this because I don't know what was wrong about that.

As long as you keep the signature limited to the data requested in the FAQ, should be fine.
DO NOT put more than the 7 details requested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back