CPU
i7 2600K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I just a few days ago built a new system and my AMD Radeon Hd 6870 is working fine with full resolution with GraphicsEnabler=Yes

I would love to use the Intel HD 3000 Graphisc on my motherboard (GIGABYTE Z68XP-UD4) as well so I could use 3 monitors, one being plugged into the HDMI port on the motherboard, the other two being plugged in on my GPU. I know I could buy another MiniDP active adapter but I hope I could just use the onboard graphics.

How do I enable it?

Tobias Timpe
Lion 10.7.3

ttimpe said:
So I just a few days ago built a new system and my AMD Radeon Hd 6870 is working fine with full resolution with GraphicsEnabler=Yes

I would love to use the Intel HD 3000 Graphisc on my motherboard (GIGABYTE Z68XP-UD4) as well so I could use 3 monitors, one being plugged into the HDMI port on the motherboard, the other two being plugged in on my GPU. I know I could buy another MiniDP active adapter but I hope I could just use the onboard graphics.

How do I enable it?

Tobias Timpe
Lion 10.7.3
You can use three moreover four monitors with the HD6870. Why you need the HD3000?

ttimpe said:
No, it doesn't work. I would need an active MiniDP to DVI/HDMI adapter, I have the XFX model.
And where is the problem? With adapters you can use more monitors. :crazy:

Sorry to bother you guys again, but since changing "Init Display First" and putting in a MacMini 5,1 SMBIOS, OS X only uses the Intel Graphics for OpenCL.

Any way to change this preference?

ttimpe said:
Sorry to bother you guys again, but since changing "Init Display First" and putting in a MacMini 5,1 SMBIOS, OS X only uses the Intel Graphics for OpenCL.

Any way to change this preference?
On which GPU is your desktop? If the desktop is on the HD3000, System Proferences/Displays/Arrangement, move the menu bar to the 6870 display. See if OpenCL runs on the 6870. No idea if the change is persistent on reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back