Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all. I using Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3. (OSXLION.)
I want to know if and how can using big resolution on Intel Graphics hd.3000.
Thanks

dnsman said:
Hello all. I using Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3. (OSXLION.)
I want to know if and how can using big resolution on Intel Graphics hd.3000.
Thanks

Yes HD3000 is supported if you choose a CPU that has HD3000 support. Use the current version of Chimera and Lion. Select the appropriate system definition such as Mac Mini and you can have dual monitor with acceleration and high resolution.

neil

Thanks neil.
Can you give me more information. I'm new in this sphere.
I using latest (Chimera-BootLoader) From tonymacx86.com/Downloads.

i already download and insert this .plist file in /Extra [From this viewtopic.php?f=162&t=29709]
Should I do something else?

Well your motherboard has a VGA port and 2 HDMI ports. For HD3000 on Lion you will be limited to the HDMI ports as there is no support under HD3000 for VGA. You can use an HDMI to DVI adapter if need be.

I assume that your CPU has HD3000 support (check the Intel web site if you are in question).

Reboot using one of the HDMI ports and you most likely will have fully functioning HD3000 at the native resolution of the display (up to 1920 x 1200 that is).

neil

Hi.
You argue that we should have included hdmi cable in one of ports and then i will have good resolution. (after reboot).
I no have HDMI cable.
Are there other methods.

dnsman said:
Hi.
You argue that we should have included hdmi cable in one of ports and then i will have good resolution. (after reboot).
I no have HDMI cable.
Are there other methods.
Firstly wrong forum.
Secondly, if you had read the other persons posts properly, you would see that VGA does not work on HD3000, so you need HDMI.

Topic Moved from Customization to 10.7 Support.

Also you can turn off on board graphics and try with a graphics card but be aware that just like on board you cannot use a VGA port, it has to me HDMI or DVI

dnsman said:
HDMI 2 DVI Success ?
yes it works fine.

shibirian said:
Rory said:
Secondly, if you had read the other persons posts properly, you would see that VGA does not work on HD3000, so you need HDMI.
Not quite true.

http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=36335
That is not really a novice thing to do, so if you don't understand how to change and remove kexts then VGA does not work. Also that patch or fix is not 100% and I dont think it will be as Apple stopped VGA support years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back