Contribute
Register

Intel HD 3000 Acceleration Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, great info. I'll try this out tonight and get back to you. Thanks for all the input.

origin.zip is attached. Working on the rest. What is the best way to downgrade Clover to v5120? I notice that 5120 includes some OpenCore items. Would 5119 be better?

Attachments

• origin.zip
    40.8 KB · Views: 55
Both Clover_r5119 and r5120 have OC options, but they are not required for the system to boot.

Best way to test either version is to get hold of a spare USB pen drive, install the version of Clover you selected on to the pen drive, using the same options you selected when installing Clover to your macOS drive.

Then you can use the Bios Boot Menu to boot from the pen drive, while leaving your current setup in place.

You will need to use the ClearNvram option in Clover, F11 key needs to be pressed while you are on the Clover boot screen. Then reboot the system, if it doesn't do it automatically.

Then when you next boot from the USB pen drive you should be using the Nvram settings from your pen drive config.plist, not the settings from your macOS drive.

I would suggest you use a different Clover Theme on the setup on the pen drive, so you know for sure that you are not booting from your macOS drive. There should also be a record of the version of Clover you are booting in the bottom right hand corner of the display, when you are on the Clover boot screen.

screenshot0.png Example of Clover boot screen with version in bottom RH corner

This theme is called Catalina and is one I used on my systems when I was booting with Clover. I have attached a copy for you to use, if you want to on the pen drive Clover setup.

Attachments

• Catalina.zip
    788.5 KB · Views: 60
I've installed 5120 on a USB drive. Copied my SSD's EFI/Clover/kexts/other contents to the EFI on the USB drive. I booted to it, F11, selected my Mojave disk in Clover, and got the slashed-circle icon after about 10 seconds. I can still boot normally (5144 on SDD) into Mojave without the USB drive.

I'm a bit unsure regarding your statement "Then when you next boot from the USB pen drive you should be using the Nvram settings from your pen drive config.plist, not the settings from your macOS drive." Was I supposed to a) copy my existing config.plist from my SSD to the flash drive, or the modified config.plist that you posted earlier.

Sorry to be a pain . . .

Modified config.

You are not be a pain, if something is unclear you are right to ask for clarification.

OK, so I've copied your config.plist to the flash drive after putting the removed information back in. I can now boot from the flash drive, select my SSD installation within Clover, and boot successfully. However I still don't have accelerated graphics. Am I to replace the entire EFI directory on the flash drive with yours (with the modified config.plist as well)?

Yes I expected you to use the whole EFI folder, after adding in the missing info to the config.plist.

OK, here's what I did. I installed 5120 bootloader onto the USB drive. I then booted (using 5144 on my SSD) to Mojave, used Clover to mount the EFI partition on the USB drive, and removed it's EFI folder. Then I copied your EFI folder back to the USB drive. I added the required info to your config.plist.

Reboot to the USB drive, and it shows that I'm booting 5144 again? So, I'm getting version 5144 whether I boot to the USB or SSD. Not sure where I went wrong?

I'll try again tonight . . . slowly . . . with beer. That should do it.

Last edited:
I have recreated the USB drive, and now it boots to 5120. Rebooted to the SSD, loaded Mojave, and changed the EFI directory and config.plist as before. Rebooted to the USB, but it will not boot into the OS. Stuck again.

Can you take a photo of where it stops, does it show any Verbose text?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back