Contribute
Register

Intel Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a heads-up: 10.6.5 updates the IONetworkingFamily kext, so you'll have to reapply the Info.plist changes as laid out in the first post.

On the plus side, if you had it working in 10.6.4, you don't have to reboot or do any trickery with Chameleon to get it working again—just run the System Utilities tasks in MultiBeast after editing the Info.plist and it will be automatically re-enabled.

Attachments

• cinebench.png
    cinebench.png
    100.5 KB · Views: 195
savestheday said:
Anyone know if this card can do jumbo frames in OS X?

For that matter...is there any hack/kext that supports Jumbo Frames? I have my NAS set up at 9000 and I can max out the MTU on OSX at 1500??!?! There has to be a workaround to get 9000 MTU running. It can provide a significant boost in transmission.

Hildi

Attachments

• 2012-06-16_21-18-56_212.jpg
    2012-06-16_21-18-56_212.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 240
hildi said:
savestheday said:
Anyone know if this card can do jumbo frames in OS X?

For that matter...is there any hack/kext that supports Jumbo Frames? I have my NAS set up at 9000 and I can max out the MTU on OSX at 1500??!?! There has to be a workaround to get 9000 MTU running. It can provide a significant boost in transmission.

Hildi
I think the official Realtek may support it. The downside is it's not that stable of a driver.

@Hacktivist

Thanks for your explanation. My Intel NIC runs like a charm :clap:
After editing and repairing everything I did a normal restart and my card was recognized immediatly.

Huberer

I have so many damn nic cards over here! Which of course none worked! I went upstairs and pulled the intel CT out of a computer and found this thread. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I've just installed this in my system, works a treat.

Thanks for info

avdo

Seems it's a great card on hackintosh. However, I have some questions.
Is this card support wake on demand in System Preference->Energy Saver ?
Did anyone test the speed of this card, how fast it could be?
Thanks!

after further testing It appears the card now gives me a problem with manually evoking sleep on the login page.

Now have to click sleep 3 times before it will work. Log file seems to point to this card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back