Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've got a DX48BT2 which, as I understand it, uses some sort of STAC9274D driver normally. Or maybe that's the audio card itself. I'm not totally sure. What I do know is that I used the iBoot + multibeast method. Audio was working until around the time I used easybeast and/or I finished the combo updater for 10.6.3. I'm using the drivers from here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=130380

Basically there is just no audio. I did enable the secondary SATA like I've read around the internets to do. At one point I also installed the AppleHDA.kext that came with the v7 driver however when I did that my system kernel panicked and I ended up reinstalling OSX.

Thanks for any help.

Have you tried using VoodooHDA? Install using MultiBeast and use System Utilities to rebuild caches. Usually gives basic support to any audio codec. Good luck!

Thanks! First I tried VooDooHDA 0.2.56 and it caused a kernel panic. I rebooted with iBoot disc in and than put in my Snow Leopard disc, started terminal, and deleted the /System/Library/Extensions/VooDoo something or other kext. I then tried the VooDooHDA 0.2.1 that comes with MultiBeast 1.1.0 (I think that's the current version). Anyhow, it's working. Thank you! Now I just gotta figure out why I can't sleep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back