CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
After fighting with kexts and clover to get macOS High Sierra to install (last supported by my hardware,) I installed Clover on my hard drive in UEFI mode, enabled UEFI in the Intel BIOS and upon rebooting, it greets me with the message "A bootable device has not been detected." So I reinstalled High Sierra, reinstalled Clover, this time in Legacy mode, disabled UEFI in Intel BIOS and on reboot am still greeted with the same message.

I tried to get it to autoboot off of the USB, but weather I enabled or disabled UEFI, moved the USB device to the top of the boot drive list, or even told it to boot USB devices first, it never worked. The ONLY way I can get it to boot is to hold F10 on startup for the boot menu and manually choose my flash drive. Then Clover will boot. I tried this with manually selecting my internal hard drive, but it won't work.

I am about to lose my mind over trying to get this to work. This board and CPU should be pretty close to the 2011 Mac Mini (5,1) but it is nothing but trouble.

I am on the latest BIOS for this board. Using an i5-2500k CPU, nothing added on the board (using onboard HD 3000 video,) Intel vt-D and serial port disabled otherwise default BIOS settings, regular 500GB SATA Hard drive (not SSD) and 12GB RAM.

Last edited:
Its actually an i5-2500k. I missed the k in the initial post. But the motherboard still won't pickup Clover.

There. It's all fixed.

No CSM option. Just EFI eable or disable. EFI is VERY basic and was added in a later BIOS to this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back